Bark collar recommendations?

Hunting, outdoors, and dog products, etc. reviews.
Add your opinion/suggestion to any posting - new or old. OR, create your own!

Moderator: Moderator Pack

Bark collar recommendations?

Postby jjseman » Fri Aug 12, 2016 3:52 pm

I have been training with a garmin xt collar, one of the reasons why I bought this collar is the fact that is doubles as a bark collar. My small munsterlander is still having issues barking when I let her out even while wearing the collar. She is generally quiet, until she wants to come back in the house. Then she lets us know, and is very persistent with her high pitch yapping. I don't want to annoy the neighbors, nor do I want to give in to her demands. What I've been doing is hitting her with stim. manually, as I have found this collar to be ineffective on its "auto detect" setting. I have adjusted the collar over the vocal chords as best I can, still it's ineffective.
What collar has been effective at breaking your dog's barking problem? Is this a bad collar design, or am I doing something wrong? She has been collar conditioned, and I don't think the answer to my problem is to just crank up the stim. level, because I don't want her to fear the collar. The level I'm at seems to be perfect.
jjseman
Started
Started

Re: Bark collar recommendations?

Postby woodboro » Sat Nov 26, 2016 10:24 am

I had a male , that would get zapped by a shock collar as well as a bark collar ... he was a chopper(.)

The sooner the better at trouble shooting a barker.... I can use a cheap bark collar and it works , issue is getting after them sooner than later.

I have a 13 year old , seldom if ever barked , now when the 2 year old gets his run , old fart is chopping wood,, I just laugh.
woodboro
Master Poster
Master Poster

Postby marjolein » Thu Dec 01, 2016 4:29 am

The Garmin bark limiter is perfect and so is the Garmin YS (yapper stopper).
marjolein
Seasoned
Seasoned

Postby SwitchGrassWPG » Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:09 am

Sport Dog has a good product that is also effective on whining. I'm very satisfied with mine...more so than the older TriTronics I've used.
The only thing worse than a bad dog, is no dog at all...
SwitchGrassWPG
Master Poster
Master Poster

Postby Dmog » Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:18 am

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000H ... UTF8&psc=1

I have broken two dogs with this type of behavior with PetSafe Antibark Spray Collar, Citronella. It sprays Citronella in their face when they bark and they do not like it a bit. Haven't had to refill them yet. Caution though, I think they work with a micro phone so you have to make sure their is not any other dogs barking in close proximity. If the two dogs are standing next to each other and one barks it will sometimes set both collars off.
Mog: Half man, half woolly dog.
Dmog
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Return to Product Reviews & Suggestions