Sportdog Beepers

Hunting, outdoors, and dog products, etc. reviews.
Add your opinion/suggestion to any posting - new or old. OR, create your own!

Moderator: Moderator Pack

Sportdog Beepers

Postby gjw » Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:00 pm

Hi all, was wondering what you think of the Sportdog Beepers (either the DSL-400 or the Upland Hunter)?

Comments welcome, good, bad, pros & cons.

Thanks!!!

Greg
gjw
Seasoned
Seasoned

Re: Sportdog Beepers

Postby blue04 » Sun Apr 10, 2016 10:53 pm

SportDog beepers work well. Plenty of options for sound selections (quail, hawk scream, etc.). A couple of things worth mentioning:

(1) The ones I have are not rechargeable. They take a CR23 battery, which are pretty easy to find.

(2) You can program them to your transmitter and use it to switch the beeper in and out of run mode/silent mode.

(3) The beepers work from the "tone" button of the transmitter, so if you use tone for recall you're going to get a beep every time you hit the tone button.
blue04
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Re: Sportdog Beepers

Postby cjm » Mon Apr 11, 2016 6:09 pm

i have the upland collar/beeper combo. i got it a little less than 2 years ago. it's the only one i've used, but i really like it. like blue's 2nd point, i love that i can turn "run" mode off and on with the remote - while turned on but not in run mode, you can also push the locate button to just make it beep once. i usually run it like that, have him wear a bell, and then turn it on or press locate when he gets out far or goes on point.

i must have a different beeper than blue, but mine is rechargeable and the collar has it's own tone sound with a different button.

the other things i like are that it is completely waterproof (handset too), will be really easy to use with two dogs when i get another, has a nice dial for stim levels, and sportdog has been great to work with.
cjm
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Return to Product Reviews & Suggestions