Lucky Launcher 2 question

Hunting, outdoors, and dog products, etc. reviews.
Add your opinion/suggestion to any posting - new or old. OR, create your own!

Moderator: Moderator Pack

Lucky Launcher 2 question

Postby Constructeur » Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:41 pm

Considering adding one to my training bag, and I'm curious as to how well, if at all, the canvas dummy floats. I know they make plastic ones specific to water, but many of the places we train have shallow water which could possible give me a problem with either dummy .( meaning sinking of the canvas, or launching the plastic on land and cracking it.)

TIA.
Constructeur
Master Poster
Master Poster

Re: Lucky Launcher 2 question

Postby Smilin Jack » Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:35 pm

Canvas dummy doesn't sink but it does get heavy . Occasional water work is fine just give it a chance to dry . I use both although the foam or plastic ones tend to get a bit cut up with constant work .
If You Can't be a Good Example then You will just have to Serve as a Horrible Warning
Smilin Jack
Master Poster
Master Poster

Postby Constructeur » Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:53 pm

Thanks Jack.
Constructeur
Master Poster
Master Poster

Postby AverageGuy » Thu Mar 17, 2016 5:17 pm

I have a shoulder stock LL 2. Good tool, has worked flawlessly for me for over a decade. I used it to teach steadiness, marking and search in heavy cover when my dog was young. Now at age 12 I use it to exercise him with 200 yd round trip water retrieves which condition him without putting much stress on his aging joints. I use a slick plastic coated firm foam dummy for water work. It will shoot almost twice as far as the canvas dummy and is not fragile relative to shallow water.
AverageGuy
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby Constructeur » Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:43 am

Funny you share that AverageGuy, last night I was throwing some marks in a field, and wondering how many more years I have of repeatedly tossing dummies as hard as I can at such a distance 8)

Thanks again guys.
Constructeur
Master Poster
Master Poster

Postby tops911 » Sat Mar 19, 2016 9:40 pm

i have a launcher, it's like crack to both my dogs. I use it for conditioning and search. I wished I live in a place where I could use it, Hawaii is not a friendly lace for that kind of thing
tops911
Pup
Pup

Return to Product Reviews & Suggestions