Beeper Collar

Hunting, outdoors, and dog products, etc. reviews.
Add your opinion/suggestion to any posting - new or old. OR, create your own!

Moderator: Moderator Pack

Beeper Collar

Postby stubblejumper » Thu Mar 03, 2016 1:35 pm

I am starting to look at training collars as to what will best suit my needs. The dogs that I have hunted over do occasionally go out of sight, and I would like a collar that enables me to locate the dog. I really like the idea of a GPS collar, but being in Canada, the Garmin Alpha units are not an option, and the Tek units have a lot of mixed reviews with several people reporting issues. That leaves the option of a beeper that can be turned on remotely, to allow me to locate the dog, and then be turned off again. I am looking for recommendations for a training collar with beeper. that is very reliable, and easy to use. I don't mind spending a bit more, but I want a very reliable, user friendly unit. I am considering the Garmin 550 unit with beeper, or the Garmin Delta Upland XC, but I am open to other options.
stubblejumper
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Re: Beeper Collar

Postby jlw034 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:54 pm

I went with the 550. A lot of guys around here use it and like it. One buddy uses the beeper and likes it a lot.

Still might go with a used Astro at some point, but it certainly isn't a necessity.
jlw034
Master Poster
Master Poster

Re: Beeper Collar

Postby GRIFF MAN » Thu Mar 03, 2016 5:00 pm

stubblejumper wrote:I am starting to look at training collars as to what will best suit my needs. The dogs that I have hunted over do occasionally go out of sight, and I would like a collar that enables me to locate the dog. I really like the idea of a GPS collar, but being in Canada, the Garmin Alpha units are not an option, and the Tek units have a lot of mixed reviews with several people reporting issues. That leaves the option of a beeper that can be turned on remotely, to allow me to locate the dog, and then be turned off again. I am looking for recommendations for a training collar with beeper. that is very reliable, and easy to use. I don't mind spending a bit more, but I want a very reliable, user friendly unit. I am considering the Garmin 550 unit with beeper, or the Garmin Delta Upland XC, but I am open to other options.

I have used the new TT beepers for years. I think the 4 I have now are 3-4 seasons old and they have worked flawlessly. The are better on batteries than I thought, even they use a expensive battery. The sound is better than the old TT units. I don't think any sound is good, but what do we want out of a beeper...to hear it.

I highly recommend them.
GRIFF MAN * LOVING LIFE AND MY GRIFF!

Aspen Glo's Kennels
Wirehaired Pointing Griffons
www.aspenglokennel.com
GRIFF MAN
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Return to Product Reviews & Suggestions