Garmin Sport Pro

Hunting, outdoors, and dog products, etc. reviews.
Add your opinion/suggestion to any posting - new or old. OR, create your own!

Moderator: Moderator Pack

Garmin Sport Pro

Postby bullfrog » Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:07 pm

My first e collar was a tritronics sport pro basic g3. I really liked this setup. It had a small lightweight controller that made sense to me. Collar worked well. I had no complaints. However I needed a second collar for it when I got my new dog and it was discontinued. I decided to sell it and bought a new dogtra 2 dog setup. Although the dogtra worked fine I never really liked it. It has too many intensity settings, collars are big and there is no tone just vibration. I do like the controller layout, but I just never really felt like it was the one for me.
Recently the garmin sport pro came out. I went ahead and bought it. I see the wisdom of going with a gps system...and may someday. But I really like to mostly hunt in sight of my dogs and keep things a little simpler. Anyway, this sport pro is very similar to the older tritronics version, but better. There is led lights on the collars, vibration and tone buttons and is economical. The controller seems compact, light, tough and I like the layout. Also has a good carabiner clip attachment that is optional. If you are considering this collar I would definitely go for it. It's everything I need in an e collar.
bullfrog
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Re: Garmin Sport Pro

Postby GrousenGriff » Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:21 pm

Thanks for the review, shopping now and leaning this direction....
GrousenGriff
Pup
Pup

Re: Garmin Sport Pro

Postby TarHeel » Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:39 pm

Hope all is well. Wanted to see how you and any others are liking the collar. I will need one soon and researching this one and several others also. Thanks!
TarHeel
Started
Started

Return to Product Reviews & Suggestions