Dodge, Chevy and Ford

Hunting, outdoors, and dog products, etc. reviews.
Add your opinion/suggestion to any posting - new or old. OR, create your own!

Moderator: Moderator Pack

Re: Dodge, Chevy and Ford

Postby JASmith » Sun Jun 05, 2016 7:21 pm

Sure if you want the worst safety rating of any current Vehicle in existence, go with the Dodge Truck.
If you wan't a vehicle that's going to rust away in 10 years... Go with the Dodge.

It's entirely naive to pretend that Aluminum is some crazy material that is never used in cars. It's been used in cars extensively for decades and has only become more so in the last 10 years with mileage requirements increasing. Sure it's been predominantly car makers like Porsche, Audi, Ferrari, etc... That should be a key indicator that it's a good direction to go, not a bad one.

Being Leary is all fine and good. Ford didn't expect widespread adoption immediately. It takes time to educate people who don't pay attention to technology.

You are right that trucks aren't air planes. Airplanes from the 50's are still very commonly flown every day by major airliners. Trucks should aspire to be as reliable and long lasting as airplanes. And only one does.

Keep looking forward Ford. I for one appreciate your lack of being hung up on outdated technology and silly proverbs like "There is no replacement for displacement".

I've driven all the current models recently with a buddy who was going to buy a Dodge, because it was cheap and he's a cheap ass, and then a Chevy because they offered him an even better deal. Then I convinced him to quit playing around in the kiddie pool and go drive the 3.5L EcoBoost. It was more money... and being the most frugal person I know, he bought it anyway. It's a superior truck in every way. It handles better, pulls better, looks better, will last longer, and as a bonus... isn't made in Mexico.
Rock Creek Gooseberry (Rebel)
JASmith
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby Tom in WI » Sun Jun 05, 2016 7:42 pm

Currently running a 2015 extended cab Silverado 4x4 with the 5.3 motor. Everything good so far. Pleased with the mileage, especially compared to my old truck...17/22. Looked hard at the Tundra, but mileage was significantly less and my GM card rebate was at the max. Didn't want to be the first out of the chute with the aluminum ford.
Tom in WI
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby linderhof » Sun Jun 05, 2016 8:09 pm

JASmith wrote:Sure if you want the worst safety rating of any current Vehicle in existence, go with the Dodge Truck.
If you wan't a vehicle that's going to rust away in 10 years... Go with the Dodge.

It's entirely naive to pretend that Aluminum is some crazy material that is never used in cars. It's been used in cars extensively for decades and has only become more so in the last 10 years with mileage requirements increasing. Sure it's been predominantly car makers like Porsche, Audi, Ferrari, etc... That should be a key indicator that it's a good direction to go, not a bad one.

Being Leary is all fine and good. Ford didn't expect widespread adoption immediately. It takes time to educate people who don't pay attention to technology.

You are right that trucks aren't air planes. Airplanes from the 50's are still very commonly flown every day by major airliners. Trucks should aspire to be as reliable and long lasting as airplanes. And only one does.

Keep looking forward Ford. I for one appreciate your lack of being hung up on outdated technology and silly proverbs like "There is no replacement for displacement".

I've driven all the current models recently with a buddy who was going to buy a Dodge, because it was cheap and he's a cheap ass, and then a Chevy because they offered him an even better deal. Then I convinced him to quit playing around in the kiddie pool and go drive the 3.5L EcoBoost. It was more money... and being the most frugal person I know, he bought it anyway. It's a superior truck in every way. It handles better, pulls better, looks better, will last longer, and as a bonus... isn't made in Mexico.

Didn't realize Porsch, Audi and Ferrari built full sized pickup trucks? Have you personally owned a Dodge Ram in the last 5 model years? You seem quite passionate in your hate for the product, you must have had a bad experience?
As for your claim that Dodge has the worst safety rating of any vehicle in existance, you do have credible proof for that right? Because if you don't then ........
Also you are familiar with the massive and expensive recall Toyota had for dangerously rusting frames right? Everybody knows Toyota are the best right?
linderhof
Seasoned
Seasoned

Postby JASmith » Mon Jun 06, 2016 8:15 am

linderhof wrote:
JASmith wrote:Sure if you want the worst safety rating of any current Vehicle in existence, go with the Dodge Truck.

Didn't realize Porsch, Audi and Ferrari built full sized pickup trucks? Have you personally owned a Dodge Ram in the last 5 model years? You seem quite passionate in your hate for the product, you must have had a bad experience?
As for your claim that Dodge has the worst safety rating of any vehicle in existance, you do have credible proof for that right? Because if you don't then ........
Also you are familiar with the massive and expensive recall Toyota had for dangerously rusting frames right? Everybody knows Toyota are the best right?

Porsche, Audi and Ferrari and other companies like them don't make trucks, right, they make technology that eventually trickles down to the mass produced vehicles, as it becomes more affordable. The things that are great stick around. Those that are not so great... well they get sold to Chrysler. :lol:

My parents had some blind faith in dodge while i grew up and they had nothing but problems and terrible service with the junk vehicles they produce(d) and I watched, even as a child, knowing things shouldn't be the way they were. But there they were, every 3 years buying a new vehicle that quickly turned into a pile of rust, busted transmissions and a pile of junked struts. But only every 15-20k miles.

Why would I have bought a ram in the last 5 years? It isn't new information that Dodge has crap safety ratings. http://www.nydailynews.com/autos/news/d ... -1.1088385

Chevy and Ford both have 5 star ratings for the new models for the current model year. Dodge has 4 along with the Toyota you also are a fan of. Tied for worst you could say. http://www.edmunds.com/car-news/2016-ra ... nment.html

You are right about insurance companies in one aspect though. People are more expensive to fix than trucks, and they have noticed.

You'll never see me advocating for Toyota either. Toyota drivers in my neck of the woods are the worst drivers on the road, but that's a whole different review. :)
Rock Creek Gooseberry (Rebel)
JASmith
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby SMAbby » Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:46 pm

Ended up with a 2015 Lariet. Got the V^ Ecoboost and am impressed with the power. It will throw your head back. Everything else is ok. Bought it new in August with 200 miles. Now we have 25,000 Warranties arent going to last us. Hope the truck does.
VC Max vom Schutzenknapp VJP 75, HZP190, VGP 303 PI 4H Nose, NA 112, UT 204 Invite 196
Baja vom Wamsbach VJP 64, HZP 169, NA 112
Anka vom Loofkamp VJP 66, HZP 139,HZP 172, NA 112
Krystal Creeks Untamed Spirit ( Abby) NA 93 Prize III UT 200 Prize II
SMAbby
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby ryanr » Sat Jul 02, 2016 11:00 pm

My buddy's been driving that Dodge EcoDiesel truck for a couple years. Loves it, he gets like 34 miles to the gallon or better.

Give me an older Jeep Cherokee with that unbeatable, bulletproof 4 liter, straight 6 engine. That's my rig of choice.
ryanr
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby linderhof » Sun Jul 03, 2016 7:30 am

I know a couple guys now with Ecodeisel Rams who love them. Seem to see a bunch on the roads too.
linderhof
Seasoned
Seasoned

Postby woodboro » Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:44 pm

one point seems to be missed , do you use a fork lift, to put a load in the bed, or is the vehicle low enough where you
can load a dog into the truck....
Some of the newer trucks are so high , I could never use them on the farm as well as hunting. :lol:
woodboro
Master Poster
Master Poster

Previous

Return to Product Reviews & Suggestions