TT upland special vs. garmin delta upland vs. dogtra 2500

Hunting, outdoors, and dog products, etc. reviews.
Add your opinion/suggestion to any posting - new or old. OR, create your own!

Moderator: Moderator Pack

TT upland special vs. garmin delta upland vs. dogtra 2500

Postby chrissv » Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:09 pm

like the title says I have been having troubles deciding on which e collar. Anyone used the garmin deltas yet? i know tt got bought out by garmin and was wondering is it safe to purchase a tt in case garmin stops making tt? Please help me decide I am stuck between the 3.
chrissv
Started
Started

Re: TT upland special vs. garmin delta upland vs. dogtra 250

Postby letsgohuntn » Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:42 pm

I will try to help, Yes TT was purchased by Garmin, I have a friend who is a TT dealer and told me that she was told by Garmin that they will fade out TT. We as the general public will probably hear more on this later next year on this. I believe that they will still have parts and offer repairs as Garmin would not want the reputation of running a good product in the ground. I am sure that they will slowly phase out all TT.

The new Delta has features of both dogtra and TT into one unit. I am still holding out on purchasing a Delta until It has been used more. I like the features of it but do not like the screen vs a toggle switch. I run multiple dogs and do not want to look at a screen to see what dog the controller is set on. This is a big deciding factor for me and hope that they change this down the line. I have TT Pro 100 G2 and a Pro 100 G3 which I primary use. I also have a dogtra 2500 but do not use it very much as I do not like the screen feature. I do enjoy the fine setting that the dogtra has but do not have time to look at the screen to make sure the setting didn't get moved. The other thing that is a negative for me is that the screen fades out when it is cold. I had that happen on a hunt then after that I would not use it when cold. This is also a concern for me on the Garmin delta and another reason I opt for the toggle switch.

As of right now I will continue to use the TT pro 100 and wait it out. Gun dog supply has nice reviews on the products and a very knowledgeable staff. Hope this helps and add to your deciding factors.
letsgohuntn
Started
Started

Postby KooterMcGee » Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:23 pm

I know of two people who have bought the Delta. One a lab guy and one a GSP. Both returned for differing reasons.

The first was the lab - the dog is one of those that "takes the heat" and the output on the Delta just isn't up to TT standards. He was using near the top end of the spectrum with little effect. He returned it and got a Dogtra that he's happy with.

The other used the Delta Sport that has the bark collar on it. Terrible idea. People in densely populated areas are more likely to use a bark collar. People in densely populated areas also do things like play with remote control boats, cars, planes, helicopters, etc. All these run on the 27Mhz band. So the poor pup wearing the bark collar was getting shocked because little Jimmy next door is playing with his remote control car in the driveway. Obviously - they returned it. I'm pretty sure they switched to a Dogtra unit as well.
KooterMcGee
Started
Started

Postby linderhof » Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:39 am

I went from TT to Dogtra 2500 T&B. Couldn't be happier.
linderhof
Seasoned
Seasoned

Postby stubblejumper » Sat Jul 02, 2016 3:43 pm

I have the Dogtra 2500, and am very pleased with it. The locate feature is nice, and the highest setting stopped my dog quickly when it took after a rabbit and headed for the road.
stubblejumper
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Return to Product Reviews & Suggestions