Dog Stolen in Ottawa...

Lost & Found dogs, hunting gear, hunting buddies

Moderator: Moderator Pack

Dog Stolen in Ottawa...

Postby mustad » Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:16 pm

This message has been on a few other sites, but in case you haven't seen it, here it is... Hopefully somebody will be able to help this guy out:

Our family dog (and my hunting dog) was stolen from our yard January 22nd, just south of Ottawa. The thief pulled into my driveway, cut the fence, leashed my dog and drove away. My neighbor got a plate number, description of the vehicle and the person. Unfortunately the plate was also stolen so it lead us nowhere. Below are all the details we have and picture of our dog. He is a 2-year golden retriever (red in color) that responds to the name Tuuka. If anyone sees a new golden around, I sure would appreciate a call at 613 822 1997.

Male Golden Retriever (red in color)
Approx 65 lbs
ID# L5E 3R (tattooed in ear)
Answers to Tuuka

Stolen By:
While male
Approx 200 lbs
Early 30s
Black Pickup truck (possibly dogde) wih tinted windows and red stripe
Plate: 9914LR

Reward offered for his safe return

mustad
Master Poster
Master Poster

Postby Bigshrimp » Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:28 pm

Update from dog owner:

"We got additional details about the vehicle. It was a small (1/4 ton) black pickup (believed to be a mazda) with tinted windows and a red stripe on the side. The plate on it at the time was 9914LR. The cops say the plate was stolen so maybe that plate is not on the truck today. I'm guessing there aren' many black 1/4 ton mazda with tinted windows and a red stripe (white male occupant) so if anyone sees anything like that, please don't hesitate to contact me."
Bigshrimp
Master Poster
Master Poster

Postby Round River » Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:24 pm

Awww geez , Im sorry to hear it......you must be devastated :cry:

I sure hope they find the guy who did that,,, and a safe return home for Tuuka

Please keep us updated
"To be good, a bird dog must give you goose pimples when he's working a bird." 'George Bird Evans' Image
Round River
Started
Started

Postby Bigshrimp » Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:39 pm

I'm not the dog owner....just relaying a message from another forum.
Bigshrimp
Master Poster
Master Poster

Postby mustad » Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:20 am

Wow!!! The system works sometimes. Check this out. I just saw this on another site talking about this situation:

"I would like to give you all some good News. I am Sure Tuukas family will also be emailing everyone to let them know. Tuuka is in the process of being reunited with his owner.

To explain how i know this We are a small rescue based out of the Dundas area but we take in Dogs from all over ontario. We were asked to take in a golden by another "rescue". This rescue asked us a week ago. At that time we couldnt but said wait we will work on finding room. This rescue asked us to pick up a dog out of Our Local Animal control for them yesterday which we did. We met this "rescue" last nite and they brought Tuuka(they had him named as Godfrey) And we gave them the dog from animal control. The girl who transported Tuuka said something strange to us saying this guy hit 2nd page of the ottawa sun. So we said our good byes and we went inside. Well i was checking online thinking maybe they found the dog frozen or something, Only to find out that the dog was stolen. This "rescuer" when confronted said we do it all the time up here. They dont like how this owner keeps his dog. But the "rescuer" also it seems to have been stalking this family as they knew the peoples routines and had to cut through chain link fence and break into the privacy fence kennel run the dog was in. They claim the dog was neglected and covered in Poop and skinny. I can tell you as the dog is still here(owner is on his way from ottawa) This dog is in perfect health and there is nothing wrong with this dog. There might be charges pending. The owner has asked me to speak to the police and give them my statements."
mustad
Master Poster
Master Poster

Postby seadog » Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:40 pm

Kinda sounds like an ARA in disguise as an " rescuer " .
seadog
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Return to Lost & Found