Found dog

Lost & Found dogs, hunting gear, hunting buddies

Moderator: Moderator Pack

Found dog

Postby Griffsmom » Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:35 pm

This dog has been spotted in Tomahawk, WI.

Call if anybody knows someone who is missing their dog. Listed on Lost Dogs Of Wisconsin.
715-771-9125
Attachments
image.jpg
Griffsmom
Seasoned
Seasoned

Re: Found dog

Postby blue04 » Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:00 pm

You'd think that someone who can afford a beeper collar could afford a nameplate or dog tag with a phone number :idea:
blue04
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby Melvin4730 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:26 pm

blue04 wrote:You'd think that someone who can afford a beeper collar could afford a nameplate or dog tag with a phone number :idea:

probably slipped the collar/leash/tie out
Melvin4730
Pup
Pup

Postby PntrRookie » Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:49 pm

blue04 wrote:You'd think that someone who can afford a beeper collar could afford a nameplate or dog tag with a phone number :idea:

2.jpg

You guys really know how to jump the gun don't ya...take a look at this picture, there is a tag on the collar...Cross Post...HELP find owner. This dog has been roaming Hwy. 86 in Tomahawk, which is north of Eau Claire WI for the last couple days. Very skidish. Will not let anyone get near. Has a very loud beeping tracking collar,which can be heard from a distance of 300 ft. It must have more lives than a cat, for I've seen it miss death by more than a couple dozen cars on the highway. Please spread the word. He keeps running out on the road to vehicles hoping to find his owner, then runs when approached. Call Lincoln County sheriff's dept. if you see this dog and please drive careful and watch out for him. 715-536-6272. Thank you.
PntrRookie
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby Griffsmom » Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:25 pm

What's your point? Just trying to get the info out there and someone may recognize the dog. They are working to catch the dog before something happens to it. Maybe I am not understanding your thought on jumping the gun. I mentioned it was spotted.
Griffsmom
Seasoned
Seasoned

Postby PntrRookie » Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:23 pm

Griffsmom wrote:...Maybe I am not understanding your thought on jumping the gun...

As per my quote, that was intended for "Blue04" who jumped the gun stating "someone who can afford a beeper collar could afford a nameplate or dog tag with a phone number" - there IS a tag on his collar.
PntrRookie
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby blue04 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:25 pm

PntrRookie wrote:As per my quote, that was intended for "Blue04" who jumped the gun stating "someone who can afford a beeper collar could afford a nameplate or dog tag with a phone number" - there IS a tag on his collar.

To me, "found dog" implies you (or someone) have your hands on the dog. What you're describing is "I saw a dog" or even better, "lost dog running loose". Since I thought the dog has been "found", it's not that much of a leap to say "why wouldn't it have an ID tag?".

Perhaps someone should try a fenced in yard with some food as "bait". If you can tempt him into the yard, you can shut the gate behind him and I think you'll eventually be able to catch him.
blue04
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby PntrRookie » Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:23 am

blue04 wrote:To me, "found dog" implies you (or someone) have your hands on the dog. What you're describing is "I saw a dog" or even better, "lost dog running loose"...

I agree the title is a bit misleading, but I hope the dog truly finds its way home.
PntrRookie
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby blue04 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:39 am

PntrRookie wrote:I agree the title is a bit misleading, but I hope the dog truly finds its way home.

Me too. I've come close to losing dogs on a few occasions, and it's a really scary deal. I've returned several lost dogs to their owners. In most cases, the dogs I found running loose either had no collar or had a collar but no ID tag. So far I've been able to eventually catch them, and with a little work I was able to find their owners. But life is much easier if the pup has some ID.
blue04
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby Griffsmom » Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:26 am

OMG try to get some info out explaining that it was spotted and doing a good thing and people just pick the crap out of how you stated it not right in the title. Hoping some other dog people may recognize this dog and get criticized for the listing. Guess since I was in WI, I was hoping this would just get seen. But I wont worry about helping out the next time.
Griffsmom
Seasoned
Seasoned

Postby GRIFF MAN » Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:59 am

Griffsmom wrote:OMG try to get some info out explaining that it was spotted and doing a good thing and people just pick the crap out of how you stated it not right in the title. Hoping some other dog people may recognize this dog and get criticized for the listing. Guess since I was in WI, I was hoping this would just get seen. But I wont worry about helping out the next time.

Thanks for the post (I) really appreciate anyone trying to help a fellow dog owner to find there lost dog !!
I hope they are reunited soon !!

Don't oil a squeaky wheel !! :lol:
GRIFF MAN * LOVING LIFE AND MY GRIFF!

Aspen Glo's Kennels
Wirehaired Pointing Griffons
www.aspenglokennel.com
GRIFF MAN
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby Griffsmom » Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:27 pm

I know I wasn't going to post but: Max the dog has been caught and story attached.

Update on Max: The dogs name is Max. He had a rabies tag on and was tracked to the owner in TN. Turns out the guys were in the Tomahawk area hunting and the dog got away from them at 6;30 ish on Wednesday the 16th. Owner said they looked for about 3 hours and were unable to locate him. They left a jacket at the location he was lost and went back at midnight to check and the dog was not there.. They then returned the next day about 7 a.m. and continued to search for the dog. Owner stated that they looked all day into the late evening and had no luck. They returned to the motel and informed the owner of the hotel that he was not found and asked her to keep an eye out for him. They also informed a bartender at a local supper club. The next day, Friday, they headed back to TN at about 6:30 a.m.
He said they were devastated to loose Max but due to obligations in TN could not stay longer to continue the search.
He wants to get the dog back and is making arrangements for the dog to be reunited."

So thankful the owner will get him back.
Griffsmom
Seasoned
Seasoned

Postby mtlhdr » Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:37 pm

Great news, thanks for posting and following up.
mtlhdr
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Return to Lost & Found