15%
Dogtra
20%
D.T. Systems
5%

Total votes : 84

What brand of E-Collar do you use?

Postby Bill Williams » Mon Sep 19, 2005 11:09 am

What brand of E-Collar do you guys use? Why do you like them? What are the pros and cons of the collar? Please no hear-say speak from your own experiences!

Other that Innoteck what collar transmitter will operate the collar and launchers?
Bill Williams

sport dog

Postby aarongreen123 » Tue Sep 20, 2005 6:30 pm

i have the sd1800 from sportdog. i compared everything, and had money been no object i would have bought a tritronics on reputation alone. however, after comparing all the products, i chose this sport dog model because it was a hell of a lot less money than the comparable tritronics, didn't have "too many" features that would either make it clumsy, break faster, or just generally be wasteful. this unit is waterproof, versatile, and simple to use on the fly, not to mention pretty tough. i've had mine, with two collars, for almost a year. it sees salt water on a regular basis and is usually getting dropped and banged around pretty good, and thats to say nothing of what the dogs do to collars themselves. most of all, the company was very cool to deal with. i had some questions about the add a collar feature and spent about an hour on the phone with the tech, very patient and knowledgable.
for the bang for your buck, can't beat this.
lata
aaron
aarongreen123
Started
Started

Postby Bill Williams » Wed Sep 21, 2005 6:29 am

Thanks Aaron - great review thats what I'm looking for! I really like the sport dog models I heard they got a new combo model comming out this spring.
Bill Williams

Postby Airedale From NY » Fri Oct 07, 2005 3:17 pm

I got burned in the early days of e-collars with a brand called Radartron, no good. I bought a early TriTronics trasherbreaker and used it for many years with no problems. I upgraded to a three dog Classic TriTronics outfit a few years ago and again no problems and they worked. I heard a lot of noise about Sport Dog being very good. I was looking for a small lightweight outfit for yard work and obedience. I wanted something with a very small transmitter that I could carry all the time. I took for me at least a gamble on the Sport Dog 400S and it has been just great and everything claimed and better, especially the range. Best of all only $160.00
Al
Serious Dogs For Serious Work
Airedale From NY
Started
Started

sportdog

Postby ocsetter » Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:08 pm

I use a sportdog and have been very satisfied with it. Had a transmitter bug out on me and they were really easy to deal with and replaced it no questions asked.
ocsetter
Started
Started

Postby Round River » Sat Jan 05, 2008 4:26 pm

I have had the best luck with the tri-tronics over the DT. Although I dont remember what DT model I used, but I had alot of problems with it.

The TT model Im using is a A180-LR, it is old but still working great. I bought it used approx 7 years ago...and had it serviced once as the battery charger went bad in it.
"To be good, a bird dog must give you goose pimples when he's working a bird." 'George Bird Evans' Image
Round River
Started
Started

Postby Mike50 » Fri Jul 04, 2008 12:59 pm

I vote Dogtra. Have a 2000TB has always worked. Beeper always stays on top has a 1 mile range. Turn the beeper on and off with the transmiter.
Picked up a 2 dog unit 2002TB used just because it has the beeper mounted to the collar. The new style has them mounted at the base of the unit.
So many breeds so little time!
Mike50
Master Poster
Master Poster

Postby snicklefritz » Fri Jul 04, 2008 6:55 pm

Sorry, I can't resist. And, no offense is intended to anyone.

I use the -'O-Collar' ... as in The Big 'O'. It doesn't have a 'nick' button. But, it does have a 'foreplay' button, and a 'Continuous' button.

It gives the dog a very pleasant and arousing feeling when you press the 'foreplay' button. When press 'Continuous' - fireworks go off. Your dog may stop and roll around on it's back and howl a long, long high pitched note, and then collapse.

The down side is that your dog will need a cigarette if you use the 'Continuous' button :lol: :lol: :lol:
"When the sh*t hits the fan, you will not rise to the occasion. You will fight the way you trained."
snicklefritz
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby zzweims » Sat Jul 05, 2008 11:38 am

I think I have one of each. Some still in boxes (FT winnings). Usually fall back on my ancient Innotek or SportDog. My husband has commandeered the tritronics.

Aline
http://sitekreator.com/zzfarms
Aline Curran
ZZ Farms--"Our Farm, Your Dog"
http://zzfarms.com
zzweims
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Return to Polls