Looking for GSP

For sale (no puppy/dog ads), wanted to buy

Moderator: Moderator Pack

Postby gohntng » Fri Sep 12, 2003 1:50 pm

Ditchbanger, touchy aren't we.....
I thought you had some good information to share, I never considered a liiter had duds in them, unless obvious flaws, but I trust someone with a background and wanting a good reputation to not sell it as a quality pup.
You said you wanted to pick your own pup, I have a litter right now, and "good" advise is always welcome. I'll be picking a female, and to me in previous litters, I have kept pups back, and usually I have all the time until they go to a buyer, to watch them. From one day to the next they change, bold to laid back. Most of the big changes I've seen was a bad experience with how they were handled. I have kept and trained the lazy ones, the last ones to go, and the middle of the bold ones. I have never had a dud, except some people describe, they have bought them, but gave them no outdoors expierience. No bird exposure, or quality time in exposing them to people other animals, just house pets. I assumed you did have a way to pick, if it's just the usual way, yes this was a wasted time.
I have started pup, that was not the boldest of 4 females, middle probably. She now slams the water after ducks, chases everything I have to retrieve. I watch Hank and his PP, and compare his to my pup, and I would not have known she would of been like this as a pup. Her parents are solid hunters with strong water perfomance. They go hard, and shut down when we are home. "Every litter has duds", I don't think so, but you caught my attention with that statement, but after your second post on this subject, I saw the light!!
Yes I do trust someone to pick my pup, if I didn't, I wouldn't buy from them.
I have bought by pedigree more than by a breeders reputation. I don't think I ever bought a pup from a top breeder, unless they have the pedigree I'm looking for. I look for hunted dogs, not trialed dogs, but it looks good on the pedigree, have to have titled dogs in the mix to keep the best in there. Especially if they are hunted in the off season.
As far as looking for trouble, I look more for information that might help, in getting a quality pup from a to z, without major problems. These threads are hard to get good information out of, and to ask questions, because of the mixture of people and their emotions. I'm not an emotional type of guy, and not very sensitive either, I just though you were special..... :lol:
gohntng
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Female Pup

Postby sherrie » Sun Sep 14, 2003 10:32 pm

I know of a 3 month old nice GSP ready to go in IL. If you're interested, email me at shrthairlv@aol.com and I'll give her her owners information. It's a Blade granddaughter. I can't talk my husband into her.

Sherrie B.
sherrie
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby HuntDog » Fri Dec 19, 2003 3:38 pm

Check out www.blackgsp.com and look at the Anni/Arko Pics (Andi/Arko was my litter). It looks like Ron has one pup of each color left and I am surprised there are any. This was a litter spawned from my bitch's littermate and the same DK sire as mine and they all turned out excellent with only one in a non-hunting home. So, if this litter is anything like them, I'd get one. The owner of Anni is a professional trainer and the owner of Arko is a Vet, so you can be sure the pups are healthy and seeing birds already. You will essentially be getting a started dog for the price of a pup. I can attest to the fact that that sire in one heck of a strong hunter and a big running dog. Shoot, if I had more room, I almost have myself talked into one! :D
HuntDog
Started
Started

Postby larue » Fri Dec 19, 2003 5:31 pm

hunt,,nice looking big dogs,,but what caught my eye is that this is the
"f" litter,,in other words the sixth time these two dogs have been bred!
larue
Master Poster
Master Poster

Postby Brown Dog » Fri Dec 19, 2003 9:00 pm

Larue,

It may mean that this is the 6th DK litter this kennel has produced. I don’t think it has to be the same breeding pair.
Brown Dog
Master Poster
Master Poster

Postby imacutecowgirl » Sat Dec 20, 2003 11:10 am

It's been a few months. Did Our orginal Poster ever get his Dog?

And ME is right, WildRose does have some Awesome Pups and Dogs. I have several of them. :D
imacutecowgirl
Started
Started

Previous

Return to Marketplace