For Sale: Tri-Tronics Upland G3 Beeper

For sale (no puppy/dog ads), wanted to buy

Moderator: Moderator Pack

For Sale: Tri-Tronics Upland G3 Beeper

Postby GWPtyler » Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:13 am

For sale: Tri-Tronics Upland G3 Beeper (collar and receiver only) bought before the Garmin buyout. Never used in the field! Works great, and comes with owner's manual.

*PRICE REDUCED* Asking $90 shipped TYD.
GWPtyler
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Re: For Sale: Tri-Tronics Upland G3 Beeper

Postby GWPtyler » Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:38 am

Bump. Willing to meet someone within an hour of Fargo for pickup!!
GWPtyler
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby marjolein » Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:49 am

So you need a seperate handheld for this kit? Sorry, I don't really know how it works with these beeper collars and my friend is interested.
marjolein
Seasoned
Seasoned

Postby GWPtyler » Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:18 am

This is just a beeper. It has various settings. It is not remotely operated. So you turn it on and let the dog go. Then turn it off when you're done. I've used it a couple time grouse hunting in thick cover and really liked it, but I find myself hunting with a bell more often and it pretty much just sits there. It's this version: http://www.gundogsupply.com/garmin-accessory-beeper.html
GWPtyler
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby Freeze » Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:20 am

If you get it mounted close enough to a G3 collar ... you can actually have limited (on-off) remote control of the beeper form a G3 Pro series transmitter.

The biggest problem with remote control is that the beeper and the collar need to be VERY close together (almost touching) to work with this method.

-Freeze
Freeze
Master Poster
Master Poster

Postby gwp4me2 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:40 pm

Freeze wrote:If you get it mounted close enough to a G3 collar ... you can actually have limited (on-off) remote control of the beeper form a G3 Pro series transmitter.
The biggest problem with remote control is that the beeper and the collar need to be VERY close together (almost touching) to work with this method.
-Freeze

Has this changed? On my set the beeper has to be exactly opposite from the receiver. I run them on the same nylon collar.
gwp4me2
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby Freeze » Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:55 pm

gwp4me2 wrote:
Freeze wrote:If you get it mounted close enough to a G3 collar ... you can actually have limited (on-off) remote control of the beeper form a G3 Pro series transmitter.
-Freeze

Has this changed? On my set the beeper has to be exactly opposite from the receiver. I run them on the same nylon collar.

gwp4me2,

I stand corrected.
I haven't run the beeper with a G3 for a while so I re-tested my beeper and receivers.

My experience with the G3 was if they were on the same collar I could not have them 180* opposite the receiver and get 100% reliability.
If I positioned the receiver at 6 o'clock on the dog's neck I had to have the beeper at 10 or 2 o'clock to get 100% reliable performance.

I think it may have changed with the Garmin Pro 550 (which I tested last weekend, and cluttered my memory for my original post).
I haven't run it on a dog yet, but to test the functionality with the 550 I had to have the beeper within several inches from the receiver.

My apologies for any confusion.

-Freeze
Freeze
Master Poster
Master Poster

Postby GWPtyler » Tue Jul 14, 2015 1:45 pm

Still for sale! Make me an offer.
GWPtyler
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Return to Marketplace