Dog trailers

For sale (no puppy/dog ads), wanted to buy

Moderator: Moderator Pack

Dog trailers

Postby Calvinator » Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:24 am

Looking for info. What do like about your trailer? What would you change? What don't you like? What brand? How many dog holes?

Calvin
Calvinator
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Re: Dog trailers

Postby GPBLITZ » Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:04 am

I like having all my training equipment with me. I have a Crow River 4 hole. no longer made . Holes a large enough for 2 dogs. Boat rake , top storage with lights inside, tack box, 20 gal. water tank, and a built on bird crate., with torsion axle. Sides and bottom insulated running boards sides and rear, light on rear of trailer for cleaning birds or what ever, and 4 tie outs , one on each corner.. Love it for training , light enough to detach in the woods on logging trails and turn around. Don't use it later season phez hunting in Dakota. Don't like pulling a traler in snow. Load the dogs up in the truck on those trips. This trailer pulls great.
GPBLITZ
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby Steve Anker » Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:36 pm

Trailers:

We use a 10 hole'r...usually full up.... have to weld and re-weld it at times. But, it does the job. Hauls all the mutts, plus the birds too. Just Hook up and go. That's what works for us. Unhitch and you have your vehicle back.....without the dog snots and old scat smells following you around. Ours is currently being setup to get rewelded but will be back in action very shortly......also getting diamond plated cladding and a permanent water tank...

Since the very last shown photo, we have set the dog box on a heavier duty trailer, one with 15 inch tires and a 2000lb hauling limit. Fit like a glove. Highway approved....electric brakes....kayak uptop....

We have grown from an original 4 hole'r......to a SHAMROCK....to a 10 hole'r......what's next?
Attachments
a training day shot...trailertoo.jpg
dog trailer.jpg
dog trailer.jpg (40.6 KiB) Viewed 2754 times
100_0660.jpg
Steve "HOSS" Anker
ANKER OUTFITTERS
A-TEAM Gun Dog Training
FEATHER TERROR KENNELS

"Time with my dogs clears my mind, renews my faith, and lets me see the world as it is. My only regret loving dogs as I do, is the misery of their early departure." Robert G. Wehle
Steve Anker
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby Grizwald » Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:27 am

It is also nice when you have your own personal pit crew, in terms of Frazwald showing up 20 minutes behind me, when a belt blows on a tire, tears the fender off, and blows two windows to smitherines (frames, crank mechanisms and glass), leaving rubber, glass and trailer parts all over the highway

Funny I was just telling that story of seeing pieces of the Grifstream scattered along the highway. Looked like Healy was running a track for me with trailer parts. Rolling along at 70+ I come over a hill to see the carnage. Luckily I had a wrench and jack to save to day.
That was only the start of auto shop repair projects on that outing.
Was it a Turbo charger we replaced in the middle of town park with about 2 wrenches?
Now I have a full tool kit. If you're out with Tommy, you better be prepared for an adventure.

Buy the best built trailer you can afford. They take a beating.
Grizwald
Master Poster
Master Poster

Postby Calvinator » Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:57 pm

Any comments on Northstar plastics trailers in MN?
Calvinator
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby Camspal » Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:27 pm

Don’t know much about their trailers, but I have a custom crate they built for me.
I just sent them the dimensions and they made me a crate that fits the back of my vehicle like a glove.
Quality of workman ship and ease of cleaning are great. I’ll use them again, when needed.
Camspal
Camspal
Master Poster
Master Poster

Postby GPBLITZ » Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:33 pm

There are several nice trailers for sale on NSTRA website.
GPBLITZ
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby Calvinator » Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:46 pm

Thanks!
Calvinator
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Return to Marketplace