Collar Sold

For sale (no puppy/dog ads), wanted to buy

Moderator: Moderator Pack

Collar Sold

Postby 0ldsch00l » Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:49 pm

I have a Tri-Tronics Classic 70 G3exp for sale- $275 shipped. 1 year old, stll have box and paperwork. Switching to the Alpha. 804-229-9284- Johnathan
Last edited by 0ldsch00l on Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0ldsch00l
Started
Started

Re: Tri-Tronics G3EXP Classic 70 For Sale

Postby JIM K » Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:06 pm

0ldsch00l wrote:I have a Tri-Tronics Classic 70 G3exp for sale- $275 shipped. 1 year old, stll have box and paperwork. Switching to the Alpha. 804-229-9284- Johnathan

you will not be unhappy with ALPHA. its hoot. i wish it showed weather.your price is too high, i would say MAYBE at 250 shipped you might get rid of it.i seen them for 299 new shipped.
not being smart only trying to help you.
you are smart to sell now. in 1 year you will see collars like yours going used for under 200 dollars easy.
gps systems on collars are going to put hurt onthe other collars.heck i saw GARMIN ASTRO 320 the other day selling for 300 dollars, they list for 549 :shock: .astro is as good as alpha but does not have e-collar.but owners are unloading them for ALPHA.
i bet some GREAT deals on GARMIN 220 SOON and astro in future. :wink:
JIM K
Master Poster
Master Poster

Postby 0ldsch00l » Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:55 am

I don't think my price is far off, if someone wanted it at 250, they would have probably thrown that offer out there. You have a sound theory on the collars, however not everyone wants to shell out 800 for the alpha or 300 for each additional collar. For training purposes, I think the tri tronics is still a better deal especially if you use the collar for multiple purposes. There are cheaper options than tri tronics for people looking to get just a collar, tri tronics is for dog training in my opinion. I'd honestly rather keep my collar than sell it for too low. I think most people would feel the same way if they plan on training multiple dogs.
0ldsch00l
Started
Started

Postby JIM K » Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:53 am

0ldsch00l wrote:I don't think my price is far off, if someone wanted it at 250, they would have probably thrown that offer out there. You have a sound theory on the collars, however not everyone wants to shell out 800 for the alpha or 300 for each additional collar. For training purposes, I think the tri tronics is still a better deal especially if you use the collar for multiple purposes. There are cheaper options than tri tronics for people looking to get just a collar, tri tronics is for dog training in my opinion. I'd honestly rather keep my collar than sell it for too low. I think most people would feel the same way if they plan on training multiple dogs.

you are right too.but from what i am seeing locally,they are sheling out the 800 for alpha even tho they have 3,000 in collars.

this is why i believe astro 320 may stay around.at least for awhile.
but 220 is going away.
that is where a real good deal could happen next year.
guys with collars could grab up those.

no doubt the astro 320 will be grabbed .
i was out with whiskers. i ran bell on him with alpha.
it stopped and close. alpha told me it was 33 yds.
i looked in direction and saw a white bucket. :shock:

i ran like hell yelling.
there was whiskers with his head inside a 5 gal bucket with conibear trap inside.
i pulled him away with his tail. :shock:

1 second more and he would be dead.
alpha took me right to him when bell stopped.
these conibears traps are being used more and more as pa made bobcat trapping legal.
also all coyotes.
i bought tool for 25 dollars shipped.I HIGHLY REC THAT IF YOU HUNT YOUR DOG IN TRAPPING SEASON, GET ONE OF THESE :wink:
here is the video.

www.twincitytooling.com/safetysetter.html
JIM K
Master Poster
Master Poster

Postby 0ldsch00l » Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:30 pm

Well, I sold my sportsman 400 collar, going to hold off on the Tri-Tronics now. Craigslist seemed to do the trick. For the GPS portion, the Alpha makes sense. I dont think its still the best training collar option, but hunting wise, its a great asset. I bought the alpha already. Easy to use GUI, and very nice additions. No more twisting the dial to up the pressure. Just a few touches of a screen and you can increase the level, and also choose low medium or high. Not to mention Momentary, Continuous or Tone. It really is a nice collar.
0ldsch00l
Started
Started

Postby JIM K » Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:37 pm

0ldsch00l wrote:Well, I sold my sportsman 400 collar, going to hold off on the Tri-Tronics now. Craigslist seemed to do the trick. For the GPS portion, the Alpha makes sense. I dont think its still the best training collar option, but hunting wise, its a great asset. I bought the alpha already. Easy to use GUI, and very nice additions. No more twisting the dial to up the pressure. Just a few touches of a screen and you can increase the level, and also choose low medium or high. Not to mention Momentary, Continuous or Tone. It really is a nice collar.

great on sale of collar.that was good move because in year,you will see a lot of non gps collars for sale and price has too come down bigtime.
JIM K
Master Poster
Master Poster

Re: Collar Sold

Postby 0ldsch00l » Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:06 pm

One or the other had to go. Glad it was the Sportsman and not the tri-tronics. You have high hopes for that Alpha, but for training, I still think people will hold on to the TT's. I guess we will find out next year ;O)
0ldsch00l
Started
Started

Re: Collar Sold

Postby JIM K » Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:52 pm

0ldsch00l wrote:One or the other had to go. Glad it was the Sportsman and not the tri-tronics. You have high hopes for that Alpha, but for training, I still think people will hold on to the TT's. I guess we will find out next year ;O)

you could be right. this is my first collar /gps so take what i say as a NEWBE on this :wink:
JIM K
Master Poster
Master Poster

Return to Marketplace