Trained reg.GWP Frieda needs a Home-WI-Urgent

Posts by rescue organizations

Moderator: Moderator Pack

Trained reg.GWP Frieda needs a Home-WI-Urgent

Postby GWPLadyKs » Sun May 22, 2011 7:37 am

Frieda is a an obedience trained, field trained registered GWP needing a home. Her breeder has been contacted, he is "asking around" She is spayed, has had incredible vetting, spoke to her vet since she was a puppy. We are all trying to place her. I will cut and paste the email I received from the owner. We are full of shelter GWP's just now, and think we are going to have to simply post. She is an ideal inside dog, obedience trained....and has had several training sessions for field. She is a good natured dog, never has shown any aggression according to her vet whom I am sure would be happy to speak to anyone seriously interested, as he knows her well and has an unbiased professional opinion of the dog. A few days ago, the grandchild, a toddler leaned on the babygate, thus the babygate and baby fell on sleeping Frieda, whom was napping on the other side of the gate in the hallway. She startled and bit the child's arm trying to free herself. The family is adamant that the owner give up Frieda, he is heartbroken really. Frieda is reported by her owner and vet that she has never shown any signs of aggression and this was simply an accident. This is is the kind of dog that one would love to have. A sleeping dog startles when something comes crashing down on them, it is a shame...could you open your heart and home to this girl? Please contact me @gwprescue@yahoo.com so I can put you in touch with the owner. He is a very nice man and would speak to you. As you can see from the photos, Frieda has had a beautiful inside home, and has total house manners, so we would be looking for this and older kids 10+.
http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p67/ ... ida013.jpg

Dear Ms. Murray,

We are looking for a home for Frieda, our 5-1/2 yr. old German Wirehaired (never acquired the beard). I talked to you earlier in the week to discuss your organization and the hopeful placement.

Regarding her training, at age 1-1/2 yrs, Frieda had several sessions at Caden Kennels. She has a good nose and is not at all gun shy. She has had obedience classes and knows commands of whoa, heel, etc. I had planned to hunt with her, but just didn't find the time. With a little training, she could be a good hunting dog.

Frieda is a good house dog and is up to date on all veterinarian visits and shots. We have worked with Dr. Rieser since she was a puppy and I believe he also contacted you about her.

She has been a happy and loyal companion for us, and is good company. We are hoping for a good placement for her.

GWPLadyKs
Started
Started

Re: Trained reg.GWP Frieda needs a Home-WI-Urgent

Postby GWPLadyKs » Sun May 22, 2011 7:40 am

More photos of Frieda

GWPLadyKs
Started
Started

Postby Mike50 » Wed May 25, 2011 7:16 am

I know of someone looking. Is this dog in Wisconsin?
So many breeds so little time!
Mike50
Master Poster
Master Poster

Postby GWPLadyKs » Wed May 25, 2011 7:36 am

Yes she is....South Milwaukee...
We are assisting the owner in finding a home like she is accustomed to. We in rescue would take her if we only had room, unfortunately with the economy, many are giving up their dogs and those in shelters on death row usually come first..

Our phone number at home is (414)764-7011 if you can provide an inside home and willing to work with her, and give her a forever home without small kids Please contact Keith...his number is above
GWPLadyKs
Started
Started

Postby Mike50 » Wed May 25, 2011 8:06 am

GWPLadyKs wrote:Yes she is....South Milwaukee...
We are assisting the owner in finding a home like she is accustomed to. We in rescue would take her if we only had room, unfortunately with the economy, many are giving up their dogs and those in shelters on death row usually come first..

Our phone number at home is (414)764-7011 if you can provide an inside home and willing to work with her, and give her a forever home without small kids Please contact Keith...his number is above

I'll pass along the information.
So many breeds so little time!
Mike50
Master Poster
Master Poster

Postby GWPLadyKs » Wed May 25, 2011 9:51 am

thanks....she is a good dog, obedience trained...house manners, quiet. She has had two sessions of field training, and think with settling into a new home, trust built she would flourish.
GWPLadyKs
Started
Started

Postby GWPLadyKs » Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:23 am

Frieda has been adopted!
GWPLadyKs
Started
Started

Postby GWPtyler » Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:44 am

GWPLadyKs wrote:Frieda has been adopted!

Good to hear! Thanks for doing your part to find her a home!!!
GWPtyler
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby GWPLadyKs » Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:03 pm

I am really happy for her....very dedicated owners it sounds like, and she will get to go to the field to use all that training she has.
GWPLadyKs
Started
Started

Return to Rescues needing adoption