Gobbler Down!

Places to hunt, firearms to use, problems encountered

Moderator: Moderator Pack

Re: Gobbler Down!

Postby LongHammer » Mon May 07, 2018 4:48 pm

jlw034 wrote:
LongHammer wrote:You guys are killing me. Out in the cool woods chasing turkeys whooping it up. I am locked in the house with the temps hitting 109 yesterday. It was too hot to go canoeing.

It was a beautiful time to be out. 40 in the am, grouse drumming, wood ducks bombing out of trees, beavers slapping tails, and trumpeter swans bellowing.

40 is colder than my last 2 days of duck season way back in January. I have never even seen a Grouse, Wood Duck or Trumpeter Swan but I can imagine.
"The problem with quoting info from the internet is that you can never be sure it is accurate" Abraham Lincoln
LongHammer
Master Poster
Master Poster

Postby RowdyGSP » Mon May 07, 2018 9:31 pm

LongHammer wrote:You guys are killing me. Out in the cool woods chasing turkeys whooping it up. I am locked in the house with the temps hitting 109 yesterday. It was too hot to go canoeing.

109... no thank you... WAY too hot for my blood.
"You have to be smarter than the dog to train it."
"A working dog is a happy dog."
"Semper Fi" HQ/11th
"Chukar: The first time you hunt them it's for sport. After that it's revenge."
RowdyGSP
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby LongHammer » Wed May 09, 2018 12:26 pm

RowdyGSP wrote:

109... no thank you... WAY too hot for my blood.

Otto agrees!
"The problem with quoting info from the internet is that you can never be sure it is accurate" Abraham Lincoln
LongHammer
Master Poster
Master Poster

Previous

Return to Hunting & Firearms