Hunting for a photo challenge.

Places to hunt, firearms to use, problems encountered

Moderator: Moderator Pack

Hunting for a photo challenge.

Postby LongHammer » Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:29 pm

I would like to see a majestic picture of migrating coots. It has been in the 80s here so they have packed up and left town and should be heading back your way. The winner of this contest will get an all expense paid trip for 1 from my house to luxurious Superior, Arizona. Will will dine at the very affordable Los Hermanos Restaurant Lounge and Tortillaria while enjoying a wondrous view of a dilapidated rail car and a dying copper mine. For lunch you will have your choice of 1 item on the ala carte menu with unlimited chips and salsa. Beer is optional for you but I will be having a few. All of this can be yours for 1 great photo of migrating coots. Enter today!
"The problem with quoting info from the internet is that you can never be sure it is accurate" Abraham Lincoln
LongHammer
Master Poster
Master Poster

Re: Hunting for a photo challenge.

Postby Sooty42 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:15 am

Ha! Sounds like quite the contest. I don’t think I’ve ever seen migrating coots. I’ll have to start paying more attention
Sooty42
Seasoned
Seasoned

Postby orhunter » Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:03 am

I never thought they could fly well enough to migrate. Never seen one more than two feet off the water.
SARCASM, one of the many free services I offer
orhunter
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby Willie T » Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:23 pm

There is a lot of waterfowl here at present, including coots. The snow goose conservation season and quail is currently open. The electronic callers for geese, although effective, are not really my gig.
Willie T
Master Poster
Master Poster

Postby LongHammer » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:09 am

Willie T wrote:There is a lot of waterfowl here at present, including coots. The snow goose conservation season and quail is currently open. The electronic callers for geese, although effective, are not really my gig.

Well get a picture of those coots when they leave! There could be a cheese crisp or bean burrito in it for you. We'll after a short trip to my house.
"The problem with quoting info from the internet is that you can never be sure it is accurate" Abraham Lincoln
LongHammer
Master Poster
Master Poster

Postby Willie T » Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:52 pm

In all seriousness Longhammer, this may sound kinda out there but I would not be surprised if the migrate in the dark. I have never seen a migratory flight of any of the rails or gallinules. Always a case where one morning they are just there or I n the spring one morning they will just be gone.
Willie
Willie T
Master Poster
Master Poster

Postby LongHammer » Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:18 pm

Hey I understand. If I was a coot I would be way to embarrassed to fly around in the daylight. That is why the rewards is so fantasic. Who knows when or were they move but they do. Capture a picture of it and POW Christmas burrito could be yours.
LongHammer
Master Poster
Master Poster

Return to Hunting & Firearms