The Feather Tornado

Places to hunt, firearms to use, problems encountered

Moderator: Moderator Pack

The Feather Tornado

Postby LongHammer » Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:36 pm

So using the power of the Internet at the beginning of waterfowl season we set out to make a duck plucker. We tried a few different ways from an old bench grinder to a cordless drill. Settled on a half inch 2 speed drill with an inverter running off the BMW. The pucker is a 4 inch pvc cap with rubber bungee finger and some all thread for a shaft.
So no more mumbling neighbors complaining about feathers everywhere we can pluck right when we get back to the truck!
It works it will pluck the heck out of a duck. Remove unwanted skin from fingers and hands. Rip a teal out of your hand and launch it into your chest at 20mph. It will flat out skin a wigeon. All the while engulfing you and your truck in a 30ft cloud of feathers and down. Any time and effort saved was spent just getting the down out of my beard not to mention the cracked open window so I wouldn't lock myself out of my car. The rooster tail of what I will just call duck juice really helped the feathers stick to my face and truck. So I have one duck pucker to give away preferably to someone I don't like. Just pick up the shipping. Does not include the drill.
"The problem with quoting info from the internet is that you can never be sure it is accurate" Abraham Lincoln
LongHammer
Master Poster
Master Poster

Re: The Feather Tornado

Postby orhunter » Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:26 pm

Nice to have a description of how it works before using it. Sounds like the real deal.

What I started doing was plucking directly into the shop vac.
SARCASM, one of the many free services I offer
orhunter
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby Deacon » Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:14 pm

I am as envious as can be! That is on my summer to do list!
Deacon
Master Poster
Master Poster

Postby Drahthaar1108 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:20 pm

HA, that's funny. Forrest
Drahthaar1108
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby RowdyGSP » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:28 pm

Boy, you would fit in perfectly here in North Idaho, with that kind of Good Ol' Boy ingenuity...
"You have to be smarter than the dog to train it."
"A working dog is a happy dog."
"Semper Fi" HQ/11th
"Chukar: The first time you hunt them it's for sport. After that it's revenge."
RowdyGSP
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby LongHammer » Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:20 pm

RowdyGSP wrote:Boy, you would fit in perfectly here in North Idaho, with that kind of Good Ol' Boy ingenuity...

My family is all farmers from northern Utah it's in the genes.
"The problem with quoting info from the internet is that you can never be sure it is accurate" Abraham Lincoln
LongHammer
Master Poster
Master Poster

Postby LongHammer » Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:37 pm

Looking at it I think if I shorten the fingers it might tame that wild beast. I'll try 1 inch long. Now I just need something with feathers. I got 15 days to quail hunt or have Otto snatch a few stray yard birds down in guadalupe.
LongHammer
Master Poster
Master Poster

Postby orhunter » Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:01 pm

I've got a 1/2 inch Milwaukee that'll grind anything down to the bone in no time. Also an old antique something that'll flip an elephant. Amazing what they used to build...!
SARCASM, one of the many free services I offer
orhunter
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby AverageGuy » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:59 am

LH, I laughed out loud! Thanks for that. My pastor raises about 75 chickens a year. Built a plucker like this one and it works great. Ducks would have alot tighter feathers and down, but I assume it would still work. Worth a look perhaps. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMydVdwmuws
AverageGuy
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby blue04 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:13 am

Wow! That's a real bird plucker. Makes me sick to think of all the birds I've plucked by hand.
blue04
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby azquailhntr » Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:16 pm

LMAO!!! that is about the funniest thing i have read on here in ages! Love it LH!
azquailhntr
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Return to Hunting & Firearms