Oregon hunters

Places to hunt, firearms to use, problems encountered

Moderator: Moderator Pack

Oregon hunters

Postby ForestDump » Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:08 am

Any Oregon guys on here looking to get into birds? Most of the hunting buddies I’ve met can’t get out too often and I hunt the east side of the state 4-5 days a week. I live on the west side but it’s worth the 2-3 hour drives. We can swap spots or I can just take you out to some of mine. A lot of pheasant and Huns no chukar they’re not worth the effort.

Only a month left for the Huns so if you’re interested just let me know I’d like to see how your dogs work and share lies.

ForestDump
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Re: Oregon hunters

Postby orhunter » Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:32 pm

F Dump: Tough to find serious bird hunters and dog owners on the wet side of the state. Attempting to be a dedicated upland hunter when time, family, dictate a different lifestyle is a losing proposition. The freedom you have to dictate your lifestyle is a rare commodity. Finding folks who are physically fit enough for Oregon hunting is another obstacle. I find myself in that category at the moment, dunno if I'll ever get back? Going to give it a try. If this were five years ago, I'd jump in with you in a heartbeat.
SARCASM, one of the many free services I offer
orhunter
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby ForestDump » Sun Dec 24, 2017 3:18 am

orhunter wrote:F Dump: Tough to find serious bird hunters and dog owners on the wet side of the state. Attempting to be a dedicated upland hunter when time, family, dictate a different lifestyle is a losing proposition. The freedom you have to dictate your lifestyle is a rare commodity. Finding folks who are physically fit enough for Oregon hunting is another obstacle. I find myself in that category at the moment, dunno if I'll ever get back? Going to give it a try. If this were five years ago, I'd jump in with you in a heartbeat.

Ive noticed this as well. I'm lucky enough for the time being to be young with a job that allows me flexibility just out of college so I'm able to spend a lot of time working with my dogs.
ForestDump
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby bwjohn » Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:26 am

Wow, that is a tremendous offer! If i lived there we would go tomorrow.

I use to hunt eastern Or, when i lived in utah, i cannot tell you how much i miss hunting there.

Good luck on finding a partner
Brandon
bwjohn
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby orhunter » Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:53 am

F. Dump: Time for that vasectomy so you don't ruin your life's potential for enjoyment and the wealth to pursue it. Seriously.....
SARCASM, one of the many free services I offer
orhunter
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby RowdyGSP » Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:21 pm

orhunter wrote:F. Dump: Time for that vasectomy so you don't ruin your life's potential for enjoyment and the wealth to pursue it. Seriously.....

Completely agree... 100% the reason I don't have or want kids. In side news, I live in Idaho, but am back visiting family in Oregon. My dad and I had a good hunt yesterday and today. 4 huns between us yesterday, 9 huns between us today. Bitter cold but fun.
"You have to be smarter than the dog to train it."
"A working dog is a happy dog."
"Semper Fi" HQ/11th
"Chukar: The first time you hunt them it's for sport. After that it's revenge."
RowdyGSP
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby Jkrieck » Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:56 pm

Very interested, email sent.
Jkrieck
Pup