Short hunt this morning.

Single Bobwhite

AverageGuy
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Re: Couple from this Morning

Postby LongHammer » Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:03 pm

Now you are just showing off. Don't you have a job? :mrgreen:
"The problem with quoting info from the internet is that you can never be sure it is accurate" Abraham Lincoln
LongHammer
Master Poster
Master Poster

Postby AverageGuy » Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:24 pm

Hey its hunting season :D . Wish more would post up their hunting photos. I did the corporate job scene long enough. This is better.
AverageGuy
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby LongHammer » Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:36 pm

I will have 6 days off after tomorrow. If I can get a good site to post pics from and the bird gods are kind I will have something to post. Our 5 man crew has been 2 since Thanksgiving. Me and Otto are bursting at the seams to get out.
"The problem with quoting info from the internet is that you can never be sure it is accurate" Abraham Lincoln
LongHammer
Master Poster
Master Poster

Postby AverageGuy » Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:43 pm

Hope you get into em big. mtlhdr recommended imgur to me and that is what i am using presently. Free (at the moment anyway) and easy enough that I could use it.
AverageGuy
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby J D Patrick » Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:51 am

my young dog and I hit the woods, fields, and swamps right regular (daily for an hour or three)- but at (coming) 9 months old, and me an old man rookie, we haven't quite nailed it down!!

I do like your posts,,,makes me look forward to next fall when our birding boondoggles commence in earnest
J D Patrick
Started
Started

Postby AverageGuy » Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:48 pm

J D Patrick wrote:my young dog and I hit the woods, fields, and swamps right regular (daily for an hour or three)- but at (coming) 9 months old, and me an old man rookie, we haven't quite nailed it down!!

I do like your posts,,,makes me look forward to next fall when our birding boondoggles commence in earnest

What kind of pup do you have and where are you located?
AverageGuy
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby mtlhdr » Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:24 pm

Really nice. Can you get into birds close to your place?
mtlhdr
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby J D Patrick » Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:51 pm

AverageGuy wrote:
J D Patrick wrote:my young dog and I hit the woods, fields, and swamps right regular (daily for an hour or three)- but at (coming) 9 months old, and me an old man rookie, we haven't quite nailed it down!!

What kind of pup do you have and where are you located?

drahthaar,,,south central north carolina,,,,wild birds are slim,,,,,but we are doing OK,,,,had a two week boondoggle to Michigan planned for the end of October,,,,even had Household ^ concurrennce,,,,then like an idiot I started a new job!!

but we do what we can,,,and next year could be wild!!
J D Patrick
Started
Started

Postby AverageGuy » Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:12 pm

mtlhdr wrote:Really nice. Can you get into birds close to your place?

Yes. Nothing like the numbers we enjoy when traveling out of state, but worthwhile. We get into wild birds on just about every outing, hunting 4 days a week, but go at the quail very sparingly. Some pockets of wild pheasants around and better numbers to the north within a couple hours drive. Good public area waterfowl opportunities in several directions within a 1.5 hour drive. I have a covey of quail 100 yards from the house but I will never shoot them, and have two other coveys on the farm. Working on growing those coveys with fire and grain food plots. Blessed and Grateful for what we enjoy.
AverageGuy
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby AverageGuy » Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:10 am

J D Patrick wrote:
drahthaar,,,south central north carolina,,,,wild birds are slim,,,,,but we are doing OK,,,,had a two week boondoggle to Michigan planned for the end of October,,,,even had Household ^ concurrennce,,,,then like an idiot I started a new job!!

but we do what we can,,,and next year could be wild!!

Alot can be accomplished with a young dog in a couple of weeks in areas with lots of wild birds. Most of us have to travel to get it. I look forward to hearing about your hunts.
AverageGuy
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Return to Hunting & Firearms