hunt planning,,

Places to hunt, firearms to use, problems encountered

Moderator: Moderator Pack

hunt planning,,

Postby J D Patrick » Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:38 pm

in between work travels I'm planning some fall boondoggles to get my young pup into some consistent birds,,,,,

when we are in NC we will hit up a preserve or three,,,,some wild birds when we get lucky,,,,

most likely we will be up north somewhere chasing grouse and woodcock here in a few weeks,,,,,,currently in Florida with work and she is with me,,,,we get out 3-4 times a day both training and goofing off,,,,found some great areas down here in the FL Panhandle,,,,,,

may even finangle a hunt into the midwest/west - still TBD and in planning,,,,,,may even get to NM,,,combine hunting with visiting with my daughter,,,,,,

my pup is 6 months old this Saturday,,,so may be a litte ahead of myself to some folks,,,,but I want her to hunt up some wild birds (and she has a TON of hunt in her) and if I don't fire the first shot I don't care,,,,,,,and then look OUT for next year!

anyhow,,,have a great fall/winter folks
J D Patrick
Started
Started

Re: hunt planning,,

Postby J D Patrick » Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:01 pm

,,,,looked at all kinds of locations trying to figure out where and when,,,,and for what game,,,

after MUCH research I have decided to head to the great state of Michigan,,,the eastern UP to be exact,,,,,,,has a great mix of what I am looking for and their partridge numbers are on the upswing really nice,,,,

looks like I'll take all the dogs,,,,they'd be pen bound if I left them and I figured the pup is young and will likely only last 1/2 a day,,,,and may get into some light duck action, so the old lab Brandy will get some work,,,,and taking them two beagles (8 and 10 years old) in case I find some good snowshoe rabbit areas,,,,,,

may be too much,,,,maybe not,,,,,I'll report back when I get back,,,,,haven't set a fixed date yet but expect I'll be back home in 10 days or so and will leave a week later,,,,,,,
J D Patrick
Started
Started

Return to Hunting & Firearms