Types of Shotguns Used

Places to hunt, firearms to use, problems encountered

Moderator: Moderator Pack

Re: Types of Shotguns Used

Postby Deacon » Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:11 pm

I have two friends with Grulla 216 RB's. After shooting one once I was in love. The gun was so well balanced it practically swung itself. I couldn't get that gun out of my head until I eventually found a really good deal on this 215.

If you look around for guns under Grulla's original name, Union Armera, you can find some smoking deals. A gun nearly identical to mine recently sold online for $1,500. The only difference was it had a single trigger and a beavertail.

mojo grulla woodcock - Copy.jpg
Deacon
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Re: Types of Shotguns Used

Postby stubblejumper » Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:38 pm

The same owner also had a similar gun in 12 gauge, and he had that one cut as well, and a recoil pad was added. He wanted a bit more for that gun, but I would have had to pay to have the cut off butt stock reattached to make the LOL long enough for me, whereas the 16 gauge already had this done, and the job was done very well. I already have a flat of Fiocchi Golden Pheasant loads on order, which should last me several years, so the 16 gauge won't be an issue as far as buying ammunition is concerned, and 1-1/8 ounces of shot is more than I will ever need for upland birds. In fact I will probably use my 28 gauge AYA most of the time anyways, but the 16 gauge will be good insurance if the birds are flushing wild.
stubblejumper
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Previous

Return to Hunting & Firearms