Slow start

Places to hunt, firearms to use, problems encountered

Moderator: Moderator Pack

Re: Slow start

Postby LongHammer » Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:33 pm

Bigearl wrote:Today was interesting. First thing this morning about 20 minutes in, we're headed down a fence row, and pup caught scent. Darted off into the brush and I saw a little of pigs scatter. It soon turned into squealing. She just could quite get the job done. Pig was just a tad to big for her to dispatch on her own. Then as the day went on she brought me two possum's that were coincidentally playing "possum" she dropped them at my feet unscathed and proceeded on her way lol.
Managed to get a couple good points later this evening. Due to poor position for the flush coupled with bad shooting left us with only one bird in hand. That's one more than we had though.

Wait till she brings you a skunk :lol:
"The problem with quoting info from the internet is that you can never be sure it is accurate" Abraham Lincoln
LongHammer
Master Poster
Master Poster

Postby Bigearl » Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:29 pm

Oh I was scared that was going to happen today LH. Luckily she's pretty good about respecting my "leave it".
Had a really good day today. 4 nice points over coveys and a few singles too. Managed 5 birds in hand to boot.
Bigearl
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby mtlhdr » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:25 am

Sounds like a great day!
mtlhdr
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby AverageGuy » Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:13 pm

Bigearl wrote:Had a really good day today. 4 nice points over coveys and a few singles too. Managed 5 birds in hand to boot.

:multi:
AverageGuy
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Previous

Return to Hunting & Firearms