Going out with bang!

Dedicated to our friends (with four or two feet)

Moderator: Moderator Pack

Going out with bang!

Postby Mike50 » Sat Oct 25, 2008 6:16 pm

A friend of mine trew work took Friday off. He was invited to go to a game farm here in Wisconsin. Early in the week he said he needed a battery for his Ecollar. I told him if you don't get it in time let me know I have one you could use if need be. He took the dog out the previous weekend and she did great. Anyway Friday comes and it was raining to bet the band. I know because I was out chasing public land rooster myself. Thought about him making the 2 hr. drive to were he was going and wounder if his day went as bad as mine did? It was much worse!
He's dog Lucie gets to hunt some what. Not every weekend like us diehards. She did a fantastic job at what she was meant to do IMO. They had put out 10 birds and came back in with 17. Great job on her part. They took pictures of the group on a job well done. After words a few cocktails were in order to celebrate!
When he went to check on her in her kennel she was gone from this earth.
After think about it. It's as if she had planned a great hunt with the pictures to prove she was one in a million.

Hunt em up Lucie!
So many breeds so little time!
Mike50
Master Poster
Master Poster

Re: Going out with bang!

Postby Optprime » Sat Oct 25, 2008 7:22 pm

Heartbreaker!
Nothin' like a dog to put a smile on your face and a bird in your hand!
Optprime
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby shawnsgriff » Sun Oct 26, 2008 6:04 am

OMG Mike....How old was the dog?
Sounds like Lucy had a great life.

Im bringing Bru to the Game Farm today 10/26/08 (early) then were going to see if we cant get some birds out of the corn.WOW alot still standing.Good for the birds though and not alot of idiots out there because they dont like to HUNT for the birds.
No matter how little money and how few
possessions you own having a dog makes you rich.....

http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=523
shawnsgriff
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby Mike50 » Tue Oct 28, 2008 6:15 pm

Shawn 11 years young. When I first meet her I guessed her age at 5 to7 years.
Mike50
Master Poster
Master Poster

Postby Hunters Edge » Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:34 pm

Your friend and his/her family must have been devastated, with no prior illness showing etc...
Hunters Edge Kennel where Versatile Champions are born. Call on expected whelped dates or breedings, hunters only, please.
Hunters Edge
Master Poster
Master Poster

Postby Mike50 » Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:49 pm

Hunters Edge (Devastaed) Yes! I talked with his wife this past week. She told me. He blames himself for her passing on. Even after the vet told him outright there was nothing he did that cause her to pass on. The dog was to the vet in spring and got a clean bill of heath.
They only hunted that day for a couple hours. So I know it wasn't as if he ran an under conditioned dog in the heat for a day straight. When they go to their cottage the dog would be swimming from sun up till sundown.
Mike50
Master Poster
Master Poster

Postby ~Southern Trouble~ » Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:18 pm

Mike - I'm extremely sorry to hear of your friend's loss. I can certainly empathize with your buddy blaming himself. Its a natural reaction. I almost lost my 1year old GWP to freak accident while training almost 2 months ago. He impaled himself on a branch from fallen tree and severed his jugular vein. Miraculously he survived, but during the whole ordeal, I kept blaming myself. I kept thinking the accident was my fault becasue I wanted to accomplish so much with him. It took me a few weeks to realize that my pup was having the time of his life when the accident happened and for me to blame myself for him getting hurt was pointless. Some things are just meant to be, no matter how much it hurts. It sounds like Lucie had one Hell of a Great day in the field! That is something to be very proud of! I hope that he can take some comfort in knowing that she had a great life with him and that she went to Heaven with a smile on her face. I hope that in time he will quit blaming himself and just recall the good memories from that day.
Megan

"Jagger" - Ch. Southpaw Time Is On My Side CGC, JH, V, NA Prize I (112 pts)
"Rocky" - Double Barrel Rock N' Roll JH
~Southern Trouble~
Started
Started

Return to In Memory of