I lost my best friend Morti on Friday

Dedicated to our friends (with four or two feet)

Moderator: Moderator Pack

I lost my best friend Morti on Friday

Postby Jac » Sun Jun 22, 2008 1:31 pm

It is with very heavy heart that I must say I lost my best friend on Friday around 5 pm. Morti was more than my friend, she was my rock and my four legged child. Mortisha fought a brave but short battle with an anerobic bacteria. We are not sure where she picked this up or how. My husband with all his Vet skills and the University of MN with their staff could not help her. I brought her home so we could keep fighting this battle from our home/clinic. We were not going to give up on her and we worked around the clock to save her. Morti passed away in my arms Friday. I"m so thankful I was there to hold onto her and tell her how much I loved her as she left me for the Rainbow Ridge.

Morti left a big hole in my heart. I'm thankful for the 8 years we had together and that she left me a pup to raise. Mort and I had alot planned for this fall. Mort got started on SH/MH level hunt tests late in life due to my small children at home. Now that they are older and time permitted I sent her to Chad Hine's at Willow Creek Kennels. I knew she deserved her time in the spot lite. She was an amazing dog, this past spring while out with Chad she passed her 4 Senior legs back to back and then moved onto 4 of her 5 Master legs. My plans this fall aside from killing alot of birds were to get that last Master leg and I was hoping to get her last major for her AKC show CH.

This has come as such a blow. She went from being a very healthy happy dog to very sick and gone in less than a week. I"m not sure why she had to be taken from me and my heart aches so bad sometimes I think I will collapse. My eyes are so swollen from the hours of crying and my guilt is so horrible wondering if I could have done more. I admit I am selfish and I could not let her go without a fight. We fought very hard for her, did everything we could and we still lost. I think if she could have told me anything it was not to give up on her and I did not.

I know her pup will help heal part of my heart. I have never been on this side of the fence before but have seen clients and friends go through this with their beloved pets. I have learned alot and hope that someday I can think about her without loosing it. I miss her so much already. She was an outstanding birddog and friend. Mortisha was a great brittany and she did her breed proud.

Thanks for listening.

Jac- :cry:
heartbroken owner of Dr Jac's Mortisha CDX SH (4 MH legs), 12 show points, major pointed and Best of Breed winner.
In Memory of Mort: Dr Jac's Mortisha CDX, SH, 4 of 5 MH legs, 12 AKC show points, a major & Best of Breed winner.
Fester: International CH MC's Fred Bear O'Dee MH.
Belle: International CH Dr Jac's Bazooka Belle JH - 4 MH legs, multiple juvenille field placements, adult placement and points
Yoda: Dr Jac's TruGritz Master Yoda O'Dee JH, derby points, multiple juvenille field placements
Luna: Granmars Sweet Dreams

http://www.drjacsbrittanys.com
http://www.cableareavetclinic.com
Jac
Seasoned
Seasoned

Postby madonna » Sun Jun 22, 2008 1:35 pm

Walk With An Old Dog

Because you will not be forever,
Hope against time though I may,
Paint your picture in my memory,
Eyes blue with age, muzzle gone grey.

Because you walked with me in Springtime,
Puppy-clumsy, running free.
As you grew, we grew together--
You became a part of me.

Because I shared with you my sorrows,
Not understanding-- simply there.
Often spurring me to laughter--
My friend, you know how much I care.

Because the years have slowed your fleetness,
Though your spirit still is strong.
I promise I will take more time now,
So that you can go along.

Because you do not fear the future,
Living only in the now,
I draw strength from your example--
Yet time keeps slipping by somehow.

Because the day will soon be coming
When I will no longer see
You rise to greet me - but in memory
You will always walk with me.

my dear! it makes my heart hurt and my eyes crying to read your post. i am with you .... madonna
woman, that plays with pups
madonna
Master Poster
Master Poster

Return to In Memory of