In Memory of : Mr. Lou Foehrkolb

Dedicated to our friends (with four or two feet)

Moderator: Moderator Pack

In Memory of : Mr. Lou Foehrkolb

Postby Robert Grove » Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:22 pm

I set here typeing this with a heavy heavy heart. I lost a very very close friend, trainer and mentor this morning.

To me being in his presence was like being in the presence of Greatness when it comes to Training and Breeding Outstanding Quality Birddogs. There has not been a day go by that he hasn't taught me something . The days we work long and hard in the Field and then go out and have dinner are the times I think I learn the most. Being able to ask him questions and learning about dogs and people from the past has given me a Priceless knowledge about the Birddog world.

Lou had been a Pro Trainer for 65 + years and got his start through the Hall of Fame Trainer / Handler Herman Smith from Alabama. Lou had successfully handled and trained many dogs to Field Championships. He handled dogs in both A.K.C and American Field Trials. Many of the dogs he trained were handled by clients to Field Championships and Wins as well as thousands of class gundogs for the most demanding hunter.

Please have the Foehrkolb family in your thoughts and prayers.

God's Speed my Friend, God's Speed
Robert Grove
Fieldmaster's Shorthairs
"Selective Breeding at It's finest"

Selectively Breeding Outstanding Dual Quality Shorthirs
Robert Grove
Started
Started

Postby Hunters Edge » Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:45 pm

Sorry to hear of the loss. May his work his thoughtfulness be not forgotten and hope all who new him carry and perpetuate a little of his wisdom and guidence.
Hunters Edge Kennel where Versatile Champions are born. Call on expected whelped dates or breedings, hunters only, please.
Hunters Edge
Master Poster
Master Poster

Return to In Memory of