Lost a dear friend tonight

Dedicated to our friends (with four or two feet)

Moderator: Moderator Pack

Lost a dear friend tonight

Postby Steve Anker » Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:39 pm

It is with a sad heart I report the passing of HUNTERS GARDEN BUTCH SH,
the "Butcher" as we effectionately called him. Although he was not my dog, he belonged to the owners of the Preserve on which I live. Butch has a place in my heart as if he were my very own.
Butch and his sister Foxey came to me to live when they were 5 months old. We trained him for Preserve duty and he gave much more than we ever asked of him. He became part of my family. He trialed with us and did very well with many placements in both AKC and American Field. He hunted with us in the grouse woods, pointing then dicing it up with a Black Bear on our last outting. He had great spirit. He left us way too soon.
Lymphatic Cancer shortened his life at 5 yrs old. Yesterday he had a great day in the exercise yard playing with all the dogs in for training, he did some short birdwork, he was in high spirits. A few hours ago, tonight, he slipped away. God speed my friend.
Last edited by Steve Anker on Tue Aug 28, 2007 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve "HOSS" Anker
ANKER OUTFITTERS
A-TEAM Gun Dog Training
FEATHER TERROR KENNELS

"Time with my dogs clears my mind, renews my faith, and lets me see the world as it is. My only regret loving dogs as I do, is the misery of their early departure." Robert G. Wehle
Steve Anker
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby Bigshrimp » Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:20 am

That's tough Steve. Nice though to have the others around to help mend the hole.

It's the sad truth for all of us though, we look at this young pup with so much expectation, but also the truth that they will be gone much too soon.

Hope he enjoys his eternal hunting grounds in the sky.
Bigshrimp
Master Poster
Master Poster

Postby Alex V » Tue Aug 28, 2007 7:29 pm

I'm sory to ear that Steve, Butch was a great dog!
Gota love them pointing dawgz
Alex V
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby Hunters Edge » Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:15 pm

So sorry to hear of your loss. How is his sister doing, any signs of cancer? I would keep a close eye on her, hope she does not succomb to the same disease. Again Steve sorry to hear of such a loss not any words will make you or your family feel any better, lets hope time will heal the loss but the memories will keep him close to you always.
Hunters Edge Kennel where Versatile Champions are born. Call on expected whelped dates or breedings, hunters only, please.
Hunters Edge
Master Poster
Master Poster

Postby pbrdog » Tue Sep 04, 2007 1:01 pm

They don't live long enough the way is, but when cancer takes them so soon, it's just a real shame. I'm very sorry for your loss. RIP Butch. Run free and be happy and painfree.
When I found the skull in the woods, the first thing I did was call the police. But then I got curious about it. I picked it up, and started wondering who this person was, and why he had deer horns. - Jack Handey
pbrdog
Seasoned
Seasoned

Postby yawallac » Tue Sep 04, 2007 2:05 pm

Sorry for your loss my friend. It's the toughest part of owning these magnificient animals.
yawallac
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby Steve Anker » Thu Sep 06, 2007 2:42 pm

Thanks folks, means a lot.
Steve "HOSS" Anker
ANKER OUTFITTERS
A-TEAM Gun Dog Training
FEATHER TERROR KENNELS

"Time with my dogs clears my mind, renews my faith, and lets me see the world as it is. My only regret loving dogs as I do, is the misery of their early departure." Robert G. Wehle
Steve Anker
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Return to In Memory of