Schultz's memory

Dedicated to our friends (with four or two feet)

Moderator: Moderator Pack

Postby shawnsgriff » Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:05 pm

ME wrote:I'm thinking of getting the dog mounted. In a curled up position sleeping on the floor. Is that creeper than petting a picture of him or what?

No one said anything about petting a picture.It was said walk by and give the picture a rub.

Ya know ME..... you should just stick to the hardcore topics.My Dad always had this saying....You talk like a man with a paper a**.

This was a nice thread about Schultz's Honor and other people talking about how they honor there lost pets maybe think a little before you start typing........

Shawn
No matter how little money and how few
possessions you own having a dog makes you rich.....

http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=523
shawnsgriff
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby Alex V » Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:25 pm

these are some serious coments, my hat is off to all of you gentlemen.
Gota love them pointing dawgz
Alex V
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby Joe C. » Sun Oct 28, 2007 12:06 pm

Regarless of ME's fecesciosness :evil: ...
When I was a young boy of 11, when on a mission for trout, my dad would always stop in the small town of Richwood WV at the Exxon station. The station attendants always gave the best fishing reports as to where the fish were biting and what they were biting on. Their insights were almost always right on. Anyway, they had a yellow lab that was a permenent fixture at the station. I always looked forward to the fishing report and petting that very friendly dog. Years later, after I got out of the service, Dad and I once again made a pilgrimage to the mountains for trout. We stopped at the same station as we always had. As we pulled in a touch of sadness hit me, as I realized that there was no way the yellow lab would still be there as it had been too many years. My heart nearly jumped out of my chest as I entered the station. There was the yellow lab. Yes he had passed some time before, but the station owners had thought so much of him that they had him stuffed. I stopped once more to pet the yellow lab, wishing that he were still alive to lick my hand. At least I could still stroke his fur though. In the years since, the station went out of business, and stands vacant to this day. Every time I drive by I feel sad. No more fishing reports, and no more yellow lab. Everyone I have told this too thought it was creepy to mount the dog, but I was glad they had. May be I am just a little wierd, but I really liked that dog :cry:
Joe C.
Seasoned
Seasoned

Postby Wingshooter » Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:28 pm

I know this is an old topic but here is an interesting website....to some and to others......not so interesting.

http://www.thedepartingshot.com/
Wingshooter
Started
Started

Postby DilmunDD » Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:30 am

for me it was interesting :D

I thought this was a pretty nice idea. expensive but nice

"For Memorial Salutes, we package a small portion of your dog's ashes in field-ready shells; you can then shoot these shells across the fields you and your dog traveled together.

Field-Ready Shells for Scattering Remains
These field-ready shells, packed with your dog's ashes, allow you to conduct a one to twenty-one gun salute to your dog. Choose shells in 16, 20 or 12 gauge, 2 3/4" length."
DilmunDD
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Previous

Return to In Memory of