Utility Prize 3

Wanna brag about an accomplishment or share something good? Do it here!

Moderator: Moderator Pack

Utility Prize 3

Postby JTracyII » Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:31 am

Finn, my male PP, scored a solid 190 points, prize 3. He got 4's in everything until the duck search where he typically gives me a solid 3 or 4. A mishap occurred that I think led to a 2, but that it is the way it goes. The judges were I think fair with what they saw that day. I am happy with how he did on everything else. My three training partners, with whom I've trained at least 2 or 3 times per month, all prized as well. Two got prize 1's (a PP and a GWP) and one got a prize 2 (a griff). I don't want to steal their thunder, so I will allow them to tell you who they are if they choose too.
JTracyII
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Re: Utility Prize 3

Postby Deuce » Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:18 am

Congrats on the Prize 3! Any prize on a UT dog is an accomplishment and a hell of a hunting dog. Now time to go hunting!
Deuce
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby JTracyII » Tue Oct 11, 2016 3:37 pm

Deuce wrote:Congrats on the Prize 3! Any prize on a UT dog is an accomplishment and a hell of a hunting dog. Now time to go hunting!

I appreciate it. I am looking forward to the next season. There are good reports on bird numbers....
JTracyII
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby AverageGuy » Tue Oct 11, 2016 5:38 pm

JTracyII wrote:
Deuce wrote:Congrats on the Prize 3! Any prize on a UT dog is an accomplishment and a hell of a hunting dog. Now time to go hunting!

I appreciate it. I am looking forward to the next season. There are good reports on bird numbers....

Talked to a guy who runs a wild quail outfitting business in Texas. Said he had the highest quail numbers going into this season that he has seen in his 19 years of operation. Congratulations on your test results and Happy Hunting, sounds like your pooch is ready.
AverageGuy
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby LanceGwp » Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:40 pm

Finn did great was fun to watch him congrats
Bone Point's Salty Gunner Mac UTI 198
LanceGwp
Seasoned
Seasoned

Postby JTracyII » Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:58 pm

LanceGwp wrote:Finn did great was fun to watch him congrats

Thanks Lance. If your going to be so humble that you don't reveal yourself I'll have to do it for you...:)
Lance is one of the guys I train with often. His dog Gunner, a GWP, did great and earned a prize 1. Klocke on this forum earned a solid prize 2 with his WPG, and another guy we train with earned the 204 with his PP. What made this so special for us is we are all first time handlers at the UT level and just happened to all get our dogs and get serious about training around the same time. We trained together often throughout the last 2 years. We joined forces and committed to training and helping each other and we all prized on the same day representing our chapter pretty well. By the way, their was a 13 year old who we didn't really train with that much from our chapter except for official navhda training days who ran a spinone. He is another first time handler at this level and he earned a prize 3. I think I can speak for us all in saying the guys in our chapter, such as switchgrass and others, who took us under their wing and taught us a lot are a large part of our success. We now have more than serviceable hunting dogs to enjoy for many years to come and the knowledge and experience to train the next one.
JTracyII
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby jfwhit » Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:39 am

I was fortunate enough to watch the end result of this group of young men who trained together. It was enjoyable and inspirational. The Oklahoma chapter is in good hands as long as these guys and others continue to do what they are doing. JTracyII and the others alllowed me to be an observer during the month leading up to the test. I have heard by others on here how helpful Chapter members are towards new members who are wanting that experience of training their own dog. And this Chapter, now my Chapter, lived up to this. Starting with JTracyII. I only wish I would have found NAVHDA at a younger age.

Congratulations to Jack, Kyle, Mitch and Lance. And all the others who worked hard in their training.
jfwhit
Started
Started

Postby LanceGwp » Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:54 pm

Lol thanks Jack, looking forward to this season
Bone Point's Salty Gunner Mac UTI 198
LanceGwp
Seasoned
Seasoned

Return to Brags and Wags