NSTRA Champion Godfather's Dakota Elle

Wanna brag about an accomplishment or share something good? Do it here!

Moderator: Moderator Pack

NSTRA Champion Godfather's Dakota Elle

Postby Dakotazeb » Wed May 18, 2016 4:21 pm

My Brittany, Elle, finally became a NSTRA Champion. For the past 2 years she has been needing one more 1st place finish to champion herself. On April 30th, which also happened to be my 70th birthday, she delivered with a 1st place at a trial here in the Mid-North Region. When I started running some NSTRA trials I never envisioned ever championing her. I was just in it for fun and something to do in the off-season. She did it all herself without any field trial training. She's a loving house dog, a super pheasant hunter and now a NSTRA Champion.
Attachments
thumbnail_IMG_20160426_165553.jpg
Janees August Breeze - Bree
http://gundogcentral.com/view_pedigree. ... erations=5

Godfather's Dakota Elle
1X NSTRA Champion
2008-2016
Dakotazeb
Master Poster
Master Poster

Re: NSTRA Champion Godfather's Dakota Elle

Postby orhunter » Wed May 18, 2016 7:14 pm

That is so cool. You gotta write more about the process.
SARCASM, one of the many free services I offer
orhunter
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby Dakotazeb » Wed May 18, 2016 7:34 pm

Hi Harvey. In NSTRA to champion a dog you must accumulate 18 placement points of which 9 must be 1st place points. At a trial points are awarded for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place. 3 pts. for 1st, 2 pts. for 2nd and 1 pt. for 3rd. So your dog could have more than 18 pts. and still not be a champion because they don't have the 9 first place points. Of course the more trials you run the better your odds and the quicker you may champion a dog. In NSTRA there a many dogs that are multiple time champions but a lot of them run many trials a year. My trialing is limited to 4-5 trials a year. I'm just happy she finally did it. Guys will spend thousands of dollars having their dog trained for these trials and I've spent ZERO. She's my loving pet and pheasant hunter first and foremost. She just happens to have enough breeding, talent and ability to become a champion. I've just been along to enjoy the ride. Quite the change from the young dog you saw years ago when you stayed with me.

Godfather's Dakota Elle
1X NSTRA Champion
2008-2016
Dakotazeb
Master Poster
Master Poster

Postby AverageGuy » Wed May 18, 2016 9:18 pm

Congratulations! Nice photo too.
AverageGuy
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby Constructeur » Wed May 18, 2016 11:56 pm

Dakotazeb wrote: Guys will spend thousands of dollars having their dog trained for these trials and I've spent ZERO.

I sure do love to hear stories like this. Well done, and happy belated birthday! :new-bday:
Constructeur
Master Poster
Master Poster

Postby JASmith » Thu May 19, 2016 8:31 am

Congrats!
Rock Creek Gooseberry (Rebel)
JASmith
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby orhunter » Thu May 19, 2016 9:26 am

George: When I first met Elle, I thought she was odd, nothing wrong, just odd. My Griff is odd in the same sort of way. Once the initial greeting is over, they go do their own thing and not seeking endless human contact. I miss that in my Ellie because Cassie was so loving, we had a great bond. I think both our dogs are so focused on hunting or doing something, little else matters.

I guess you've proved to the world, a great hunting dog is also a great NSTRA dog, something achieved down a different path.
orhunter
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby Dakotazeb » Thu May 19, 2016 11:52 am

orhunter wrote:George: When I first met Elle, I thought she was odd, nothing wrong, just odd. My Griff is odd in the same sort of way. Once the initial greeting is over, they go do their own thing and not seeking endless human contact. I miss that in my Ellie because Cassie was so loving, we had a great bond. I think both our dogs are so focused on hunting or doing something, little else matters.

I guess you've proved to the world, a great hunting dog is also a great NSTRA dog, something achieved down a different path.

Harvey, you have Elle pegged wrong. She, in fact, does need constant human contact. Especially with me. If I'm out of her sight she is in a panic looking for me. Not so much in the field but certainly around the house. In my lap in the recliner every night and sleeps in bed by my side. No doubt the most loving dog I've ever owned. My wife is hoping I don't die before Elle as she would be a total basket case without me.

Godfather's Dakota Elle
1X NSTRA Champion
2008-2016
Dakotazeb
Master Poster
Master Poster

Postby orhunter » Thu May 19, 2016 12:09 pm

George. It was a short encounter. Maybe she didn't like the way I smelled? Glad you two developed the bond I'll never get with Ellie. I thought Ellie would come around after Cassie died but she got only slightly better. I gotta force myself on her sometimes and many of those times I get rejected. Any affection is on her terms and I have to go to her to show any. She'll rarely come over to me looking for a head rub or anything. She's extremely cooperative in the field but not around the house. She'll jump in the bed in the morning, waiting for me to give her a thorough head/body rub and get up, but after that, she's pretty much done for the day. Lying in my lap in a chair will never happen.
orhunter
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby SMAbby » Thu May 19, 2016 6:56 pm

GREAT JOB DZ!!!!!!! :multi: :multi: :multi: :multi: :multi:
VC Max vom Schutzenknapp VJP 75, HZP190, VGP 303 PI 4H Nose, NA 112, UT 204 Invite 196
Baja vom Wamsbach VJP 64, HZP 169, NA 112
Anka vom Loofkamp VJP 66, HZP 139,HZP 172, NA 112
Krystal Creeks Untamed Spirit ( Abby) NA 93 Prize III UT 200 Prize II
SMAbby
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Return to Brags and Wags