Really Cool dog work

Topics on non-sporting dog breeds

Moderator: Moderator Pack

Postby Ryan » Sun Jun 25, 2006 12:38 am

I had the oppritunity to be the guy in the suit with some very well trained mals it is unbelievable the amounts of training that goes into it. What the realy impressed me was the dogs ability to turn it off. One guy brought his shepard and the dog went from doing the practice to having a 4 year old holding the leash and tugging his ears.

Looks lik in the video the dog latches onto his handler typical Mal :roll:
Ryan

Cool dog

Postby bill10979 » Mon Jun 26, 2006 9:46 am

Yesterday I helped my trainer train his 13 week old import pup.
So much fun to watch this pup progress each week. Started at 8 weeks tracking and training here/come. Got a tug out yesterday. Really neat, picked himup off his feet holding a puppy sleeve. Cute as can be. Just glad hes not mine! He is a stinker-bugger bit my calf yesterday in playing. High drive/energy sport dog. Something else.

Meanwhile Im stick with my "Poor mans" German Shepherd aka the
"what kind of dog is that" breed.
bill10979
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby terryg » Mon Jun 26, 2006 10:22 am

Meanwhile Im stick with my "Poor mans" German Shepherd aka the
"what kind of dog is that" breed

is he a real versatile dog or do you just call him that on forums? :lol: :lol: :lol:

you are the biggest obstacle between your dog and the sch III :wink:

i have been inthis business many years and i can tell ya from looking at the pics you posted so far i could do it with him. :wink:

maybe you juts don't have the same drive your dog and i have? :wink: :lol: :lol:
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night because rough men stand guard around the world ready to do violence on their behalf!
terryg
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby terryg » Mon Jun 26, 2006 10:28 am

Would love to see it in person (just not be the one the dog is going after)

dk1, here is a site you can check for clubs in your area. then you can check to see when they have a trill. iall are required to have at least one per year to maintain their "full member status". most have more. i would encourage you to check one out as they are most impressive.

it will also give you insight to training most think does not exist. :wink:
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night because rough men stand guard around the world ready to do violence on their behalf!
terryg
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Cool Dog

Postby bill10979 » Mon Jun 26, 2006 10:33 am

Terry,
That gave me a chuckle this AM-thanks!
I never brag up this dog, least I try not to. Not my style.
But SOB, she is for real. Loves to work and is a ball to work with. Shes intense, is all I can say, excellent grip. I cant wait to see her bark and hold. Alot of focus, this one. send off should be pretty easy IMO for her. Shes surprises and impresses alot of folks, I guess cause of her looks-she the atypical SCH dog and is friendly and outgoing to everyone, unless you have on a sleeve or make overt gestures!

Tracking like a machine, albeit pretty fast, and faster than the others out there, but she isnt missing anything. Drive baby.
Obedience is alot more precise, just more consistnet work to get there.

I know you could do it and I think I can too. Its just the time issue. My wife bitches and moans every Sunday and Thursday. My kids are wild and she needs the help. If I can find a way to do it with a sitter or get my wife to love me more, katie bar the door, here we come! My poor mans shepherd may title, just yet.
bill10979
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby DK1 » Mon Jun 26, 2006 9:48 pm

Terryg - link for that site you mentioned??
DK1
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby terryg » Tue Jun 27, 2006 11:18 am

DK1 wrote:Terryg - link for that site you mentioned??

dddoooohhhhh!

http://www.germanshepherddog.com/sitemap.htm

http://www.dvgamerica.com/

these are the 2 organizations that hold sch trials.

the first, USA, is the largest and willhave more than the dvg but bewteen the 2 you should be able to find a trail within driving distance.

something everyone who trains dogs should see at least once :wink:
terryg
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Previous

Return to Other Breeds