Really Cool dog work

Topics on non-sporting dog breeds

Moderator: Moderator Pack

Really Cool dog work

Postby bill10979 » Sun Jun 18, 2006 8:45 am

Those that appreciate training, here is some excelelnt protection work in Holland or Belgium. The training you see in the circle is a perimeter that the dog uses to gauge to protect. Enter it..and your toast. Can guard an article, baby what have you. Some are the special forces using dogs. Wont work here, our legal system would have a field day..thanks ACLU.

http://users.pandora.be/snuff-pipes/tra ... oubeke.wmv
bill10979
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Dog work

Postby bill10979 » Sun Jun 18, 2006 9:13 am

The clip of special forces didnt appear. Im trying it again..note the handler aggression incident. Definately not for the timid. Here we go.
http://users.pandora.be/snuff-pipes/police.wmv
bill10979
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby TobyTx » Sun Jun 18, 2006 6:37 pm

COOL. Looks like the first dog was a German shepard and the rest were malinois(sp)? Wow those dogs can move. Very athletic. I want one.
Cabo vom Sendero vjp 69 hzp np
TobyTx
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby terryg » Mon Jun 19, 2006 11:41 am

actually bill, theye are everywhere in this country. ya just have top know where to look. this is where the "big training $$$" are. :wink: :wink: i train hunting dogs for fun :lol:

for those that think gettting a dog to heeel forward is hard try getting him to heel backward with you. :wink:

this shows a well trained and bred dog"s fearlessness in the face of gunfire and a major threat. it also demostrates his ability or stop the attack this is the same dog in consecutive frames

this is a dog guarding an attacker. the attacker will be fine if he remains still. :lol: :lol:
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night because rough men stand guard around the world ready to do violence on their behalf!
terryg
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Cool work

Postby bill10979 » Mon Jun 19, 2006 12:33 pm

Terry,
Ive seen all of that done. Pretty cool really and why I put it up.
I just enjoy dogs and training. Unfortunately, I just done have the time and resources to do it as Id like. Father, husband, business owner, landlord and it just doenst do justice for me or other dogs to bring on more dogs or take more time to go further in SCH at this time.
Far as versatiles go, Im not sure where Ill go. Could I go higher than an SCH 1-yes Im pretty sure. Does it tell me anymore than I dont already know or bring more value to the breed? NO, so thats why Ill probably opt to rest on that. As ive said before-a 40 hr blood track gets this group excited moreso than any other titles besides Utility testing. Competition wins, hunt titles or trial wins really are insignificant to the group as far as breeding is concerned, I agree with that.
I have noticed a hint of aggression-not misplaced but evident enough. I bring my bitch into work with me occasionally. A rough looking mover recently came in unannounced, and came up almost missing a leg-I called her off just in time, I mean a foot away! Dog was in the right, but things like that concern me. Shes very discretionary but again I have a few reservations. A dog can be a real liability so much precaution is needed. Of course I cussed out the mover for not knocking! A judge would hardly care though and thats the scary part.
bill10979
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Dog video

Postby bill10979 » Mon Jun 19, 2006 6:23 pm

As mentioned, we have a good group and variety. A new import Rott, some Australian Shepherds, a few new import pups and some titled adults GSDs, and my lowly DD. here are also 2 German import showline/herdiing dogs with an SCH pedigree. I find them too angled for me but they do move surprisingly well. The one male is very large-Im guessing 110#s, as he dwarfs my dog who is 60 #s hard. He knew what he wanted and liked the breeder in Germany. Agreed that 85-90#s is about ideal. Dog must be able to move. Its alot of fun.
E:\DCIM\100_FUJI\DSCF0012.JPG
E:\DCIM\100_FUJI\DSCF0006.JPG
E:\DCIM\100_FUJI\DSCF0005.JPG
bill10979
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

DOg

Postby bill10979 » Mon Jun 19, 2006 6:29 pm

bill10979
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby terryg » Tue Jun 20, 2006 10:18 am

you got the best looking dog there.

this is what she will look like in a few weeks :wink:

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night because rough men stand guard around the world ready to do violence on their behalf!
terryg
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Cool Dogs

Postby bill10979 » Tue Jun 20, 2006 11:16 am

Thanks for the compliment but I dont buy it!.
Shes actually alot like a uncropped RS and has a certain terrier "fire" to her which is good/bad, depending! I never liked the looks of these dogs but it has grown on me. That rottie is a 6mo pup, doing nice work for a pup.

The Escobar daughter GSD is a great looking working dog. I didnt get any pics of her yet, but will this Friday at a local trial.
bill10979
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby terryg » Tue Jun 20, 2006 12:15 pm

the problem with rotts is their obed. they have no problems with track and bite but they are basically a lazy-stubborn breed. top obed was not bred into them :wink:

now that is not to say some do not do well but as a whole they are never able to compete on the level of the shp, rs, or mal.

the pits have the same problem.

don't worry about the things you are worrying about. ie, hardmouth, aggression, etc. those are sch "rumors' passe around by many uninformed folks(even the ones you believe know what they are talking about) :wink:

your dog is going through a learning process just as she did on any of the othersuff you have trained her on. she made mistakes doing that work too and more than likely still does.

its okay to be uncertain and careful while teaching new material. just don't let "unfounded" fears get in the way.

that's the advatage to having trained as many dogs as i have. i recognize and know they are capable of doing the work, often times far quicker than their owners.

what is your exact location?

you have mentioned that no one at your current club has any level 3 dogs.

perhaps i can locate one close by that will give you are beter advantage by having more knowledgable members.

i can tell you from the pics you have posted already, this club is very basic at best. this is not unusual.
terryg
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Dog

Postby bill10979 » Tue Jun 20, 2006 1:48 pm

Im halfway between Dayton and Cinti. in what used to be a nice gigantic cornfield and now a booming area. The Greater Citi. Sch here in the Midwest Region is a GSD Only club. Nice of them! You find that alot aroud here.
http://www.germanshepherddog.com/breed/ ... N%20REGION

The club I go to is affiliated with them, tests with them and loosely works with them but they are open breed, not breed snobs or "breedist". The owner Mike has trained a few dogs to SCH3-all GSDs, and currently owns a SCH2 Shepherd, and is sch2 testing the other escobar female Friday. He is one heck of a nice guy and I enoy working with him. Has trained a few breeds to title, which is a testament to him, 1 an SCH1 Golden Retriever, yes a Golden, not Hovawart so he says! Cool guy really. He gets on pretty good w/this ugly mutt of mine.
Facility is actually pretty nice-he handbuilt it, it has an large indoor facility w-A/C, agility setups, perm. blinds and good areas for tracking etc.
15 acres, scenic, and much closer for me. Other than Indianapolis 1.5hrs away, this is it. I cant complain, I really like seeing other dogs work-this Rottie, Shepherds, Aussie dogs. 2 Police K-9 officers work their dogs with him as well. I just love watching the pups though-we got 2 of those already started light obedience and tracking.
The trial Im going to Friday is sponsored by Greater Cinti and again I think it will be all Shepherds. They tend to dominate the landscape there.They will freak out later this Summer when they see my dog-I say its a drahthaar, they say a What????!!!
You mightve gotten that a few times huh?
bill10979
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby terryg » Tue Jun 20, 2006 2:40 pm

You mightve gotten that a few times huh?

not just yeah, but hell yeah!!!

that never stopped me. it just made me more resolute.

if you look on that list i posted yesterday you will see i was the 2nd to get there with a rsch or a gtsch as the otheer is listed but really i was the first. the other dog was bought in germany with a sch 3 already and he ran the dog trhough all 3 levels here again so he could get in the "sch 3 club". i trained mine froma a pup :wink:

heer is the other club in the us that can give you a sch cert.

http://www.dvgamerica.com/

no close by clubs as i saw but they are at least an "all breed club". you can get a score book through them and the usa folks HAVE to allow you in there trial.

it is a reciprocal aggreement.

once you show them what your dog is made of all the "real dog trainers" in the club will welcome you at practice. :wink:

nobody said life was easy. and i for one like it that way.
terryg
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Dog

Postby bill10979 » Wed Jun 21, 2006 9:19 am

Terry,
we are probably more alike than different. I have always been a guy that likes to go against the grain, so to speak, hell it makes life so much more fun!
I guess the reason Im enjoying this so, is that I had No expectation
at tall. I wanted to teach her to Bark on command and look threatening. About 8 classes and a month later, shes doing excellent sleeve work, relatively speaking, and hopefully on our way to an SCH title. Im tickled. Obviously, shes an adult dog and Im not sure if I handicapped her, as I never did much besides normal hunt work to prepare for this, but she seems to enjoy it. Shes become a lot more vocal and her confidence seems to have been lifted. Hell she knows where we're going and gets all excited as we do up the driveway. Then we calm down and proceed to do some tracks. Great exposure.
All my future dogs will be worked on it, big or small.
bill10979
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Work

Postby bill10979 » Fri Jun 23, 2006 6:21 am

Heres a gratuitious shot to "balance" out the scenery here. SOme just cant differentiate what they see.

My 2 yr old goes for a neck choke, the dog escapes and wins on points.

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e34/b ... CF0013.jpg
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e34/b ... CF0004.jpg

Thiis is Jingle the Golden. Best friend.
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e34/b ... CF0036.jpg
True shes not a warm weather dog!
bill10979
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby DK1 » Sat Jun 24, 2006 1:13 pm

I watched the video from the first post yesterday. That was amazing. It reminded me of watching a take from World's Wildest Police Videos of a group training a dog in the Ukraine or Russia somewhere - a guy let his Malinois go after a "terrorist" hiding on the opposite side behind a car door. It was a blur of fur for several yards and you see the thing about fly over a car and just slam into the guy. Watching Schutzhund dogs work is jaw dropping for me on video.

Would love to see it in person (just not be the one the dog is going after) :twisted:
DK1
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Next

Return to Other Breeds