I need to know the prices for a NORWEGIAN ELKHOUND!!!!!

Topics on non-sporting dog breeds

Moderator: Moderator Pack

I need to know the prices for a NORWEGIAN ELKHOUND!!!!!

Postby blueblood » Sat Jan 17, 2004 2:31 am

My brother is very interested in getting a elkhound. And I can not find the price on there pups to save my life. If any one can help please, and thankyou. :D

BB
blueblood
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

depends on where you are

Postby terryg » Thu Jan 22, 2004 7:12 pm

i bought one for a client many years ago that turned out to be a very nice and intelligent pet, other than the husky type hair that they shed everywhere.

at that time the average akc reg dog was going for about $250 and i paid $400 for this one. theye are not rare but there are not a lot around either.

i would say $500 is not unreasonable and maybe more if you relly wanted one. i would say $1000 is too much.

a dog is like anything else. they are worth waht you think they are. don't worry about what others think! the money will be coming out ofyour pocket.
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night because rough men stand guard around the world ready to do violence on their behalf!
terryg
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Re: Elkhound

Postby blueblood » Fri Jan 23, 2004 11:42 am

Thanks for the info, now do you know where to turn to find a decent one. I could surf the net. Maybe that would be the best thing to do?
blueblood
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby foxman » Sun Jun 05, 2005 2:31 pm

I have a breed of dog called West Siberian Laika they are used in Russia on upland birds and duck hunting and other game as well. I have a litter of pups that are turning 6 weeks old the price is $600. The sire is an excellent fowl dog and so is the dam. They both resemble the elk hound but they are not pets they are hunting dogs for more info call 434-847-2036 or email foxpaws1@msn.com.
foxman

Postby barkinghelen » Thu Oct 20, 2005 7:38 am

elkhounds are huge and real fun breed, but can be pricey to buy!!

some antique prints of an elkhound which may be interesting if you love the breed.

barkinghelen
barkinghelen

Postby hicntry » Sun Oct 23, 2005 9:33 am

Norweigan elkhounds are no big, they are small.
Ignorance can be fixed but stupid is forever.
Law of Logical Argument - Anything is possible IF you don't know what you are talking about.

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Jim Beam in one hand, Airedale in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
hicntry
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Return to Other Breeds