Please Help!!! My Cocker has a cherry eye!!!

Spaniel breed specific questions. Kennel information requests, etc.

Moderator: Moderator Pack

Should I not worry about cosmetics and just leave Jack's eye alone?

Poll ended at Sat Jun 04, 2005 6:10 pm

Yes
No votes
No
No votes

Total votes : 0

Please Help!!! My Cocker has a cherry eye!!!

Postby LovemyJack » Thu May 19, 2005 6:10 pm

I recently bought a 10 week old cocker spaniel from a breeder. The next day I started noticing his third eyelid becoming more and more inflamed. I immediately took him to the vet who gave me some eyedrops mixed with some antibiotics. I followed the directions perfectly for the next 10 days but have not noticed any changes. I paid a lot of money for the dog and vet bills already and he informed me that the only other option is surgery. Since I am a very poor college student, I can only imagine how expensive it will be to get the surgery and there is still the possibility of it popping back out again. PLEASE SOMEONE HELP!!!! I want to see my Jack's eye look like it did the first day I got it! Any advise?
LovemyJack

might not need surgery

Postby cricket » Thu Jul 20, 2006 7:13 am

I had a springer with a cherry eye last year. I was considering surgery, but really didn't want to put her through it. Over the winter, we put our dogs water on their food, to be sure they drink enough. What do you know, the cherry eye disappeared! It must have had something to do with her not drinking enough water during the summer and being dehydrated. It's an easy thing to try, so you might want to see if this helps your dog.

Good luck.
cricket

Return to Spaniels