LOOKING FOR A LAB TRAINER NEAR KANSAS CITY

Retriever breed specific questions. Kennel information requests, etc.

Moderator: Moderator Pack

LOOKING FOR A LAB TRAINER NEAR KANSAS CITY

Postby gsp_guy » Thu May 01, 2008 10:20 pm

Hello as you can tell by my name that I have been into GSP's. But I decided to go with my first lab. I choose a kennel picked a puppy the breeder and trainer were doing this full time but he had a job offer that he couldn't pass up. The dog is about 7 months old and has completed obedience, force fetch, gun and collar conditioning. So she has a very good start. What I am looking for is a trainer somewhat local so that I might have the opportunity to observe some of the training. The dog will be used about 85% for upland hunting. I do not want a trainer that is set in one method of old school dog training but some one that will tailer the training to suit the dog. The entire reason that I am wanting to send the dog to a trainer is that I don't have the time that needs to be devoted to her to finish the deal. So the perfect trainer would be someone that spends at least 80% of their time training dogs. Not a guy that that works 9-7 like me and would not give her any more time than I could. Any help would be great.
gsp_guy
Seasoned
Seasoned

Re: LOOKING FOR A LAB TRAINER NEAR KANSAS CITY

Postby jph » Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:46 pm

Dan Heard of downtown retrievers. Out of Raytown.
jph
Seasoned
Seasoned

Return to Retrievers