New to VersatileDogs!

Retriever breed specific questions. Kennel information requests, etc.

Moderator: Moderator Pack

New to VersatileDogs!

Postby CBRock » Wed Aug 08, 2007 9:19 pm

Well hello to all, my name is Zabrina and well I am very new to the Sport of FT/HT. So very new that my pup is only 6 wks old. His name is Bogey, and he is a Chessy. I am aming high with my new best hunting partener! I wish to do FT and HT with him, also try out some of the other fun things with him, maybe even the Conformation Ring - who knows.
I know that when things are put in front of me to learn, I take it all in with open eyes, and from what I have been told, am a pretty quick learner. I always love learning new and exciting things when it comes to dogs, be it training field drills, or the basics in being a great hunter myself.
I joined this forum to get some tips and pointers(nope not the dogs) from fellow Chessy owners, and of course anyone else who wishes to help me - a nebie - out!
Maybe even make some new friends.
CBRock

Postby Grange » Wed Aug 08, 2007 9:32 pm

Welcome. Chessies are great dogs. I grew up with the breed. Best swimmers I've ever seen. Sometimes I thought the rumor that chessies have otter in their blood may actually be true.
Grange
Master Poster
Master Poster

Postby Bruce Schwartz » Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:20 pm

CBRock,

Chessies are terrific dogs. We'd love to see a picture of yours. I wouldn't say that there's a lot of retriever folks on this forum, but there's no shortage of opinions. :lol: Welcome!
Bruce Schwartz
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby slistoe » Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:36 pm

Welcome to the board. I am sure you will hear from CBRHunter - she is doing just what you talk about with her Chessies and is from Southern AB as well.
slistoe
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby GONEHUNTIN' » Thu Aug 09, 2007 7:06 am

While pup's a pup, get the Evan Graham or Mike Lardy tapes or books and follow them. That will clarify the entire program for you and all we'll have to do is clarify some problems.
GONEHUNTIN'
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Return to Retrievers