Looking for a Golden Breeder

Retriever breed specific questions. Kennel information requests, etc.

Moderator: Moderator Pack

Looking for a Golden Breeder

Postby Pflugerman » Mon Feb 17, 2003 5:04 pm

Howdy,
Wonder if any of you guys have any good golden kennel recommendations? I know there are a lot of these dogs but to find a quality breeder is going to take some good research. I dont see a lot of golden breeders posting messages here. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks KC.
Pflugerman
Started
Started

Postby ME » Mon Feb 17, 2003 7:25 pm

If I was you I would look through the UKC to find someone who is breeding dogs that can still hunt and look for the HRC titles. Just what came to mind, if I was going to look..
Don't be a liberal
http://www.kgov.com
http://www.tcuplandhunt.com
God's enduring commands still stand and you will be judged by if you publicly stood up for them. Matthew 10:32-33
1) Thou Shalt not Murder (this includes Abortion)
2) Thou Shalt not commit Adultery
3) Thou Shalt not steal (this includes having the government steal for you)
4) Thou shalt not bear false wittness (purgery)
ME
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Swamp Collies

Postby JJ McGuire » Tue Feb 18, 2003 12:35 pm

Post a note over at the Refuge's Gun Dog Forum to WoodieSC. He has a Golden and can probably give you a lead.

http://www.refugeforums.com/refuge/foru ... &forumid=9
JJ

Never ask a man what kind of dog he has. If he has a Lab he'll tell you, if he does not, you don't want to shame him by asking.
JJ McGuire
Started
Started

Looking for a good Retriever

Postby Pflugerman » Thu Feb 20, 2003 3:28 pm

Thanks for the help so far,
I have been looking for the right golden but it is very hard to find one that comes from good hunting and field trial lines. It seems that since most of these dogs have been bred so much they dont have hunting champions in the bloodline. I have begun to look at Chessies and Labs for potential hunting companions. I live in Texas and am apprehensive about a chessie as it doesnt get that cold here. Anyone know of any Lab or Chessie breeders expecting puppies this spring. A breeder around surrounding Texas states would be perfecto. KC
Pflugerman
Started
Started

Postby Mark Copeland » Thu Feb 20, 2003 8:21 pm

You're not from Pflugerville Tx are you?

Check out www.poklabs.com. They have a Qualified All-Age Golden with show points (maybe a show Champion by now-don't know for sure) that I'm sure gets bred a lot. If he can compete in AKC Retriever Field Trials he'll make you a h@ll of a hunting dog.

You might also give Roger and Kay Fuller of Paige Tx a call. They have at least two Goldens on the derby list and can direct you to a good litter if they don't have one themselves.
Mark Copeland
Started
Started

looking for a golden breeder

Postby Pflugerman » Fri Feb 21, 2003 9:58 am

Hey Mark,
Yes, my family along with the pflugers started pflugerville. If you ever saw Lonesome Dove my families log cabin was July Johnsons house. That town is too big now.

Thanks for the help, I will contact some of those breeders. If I need any more help I will send you a message. KC
Pflugerman
Started
Started

Postby slistoe » Fri Feb 21, 2003 7:03 pm

slistoe
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby Rick Hall » Sat Feb 22, 2003 8:32 am

I'm wit' ME on looking into the HRC, www.hrc-ukc.com. There are a slew of Texas clubs, and the last field goldens I've seen were from a TX kennel that's very active in HRC testing. (Am having a brain fart straining to recall the kennel's name.)

Don't know of any nearby Chessie "breeders" but do know a fellow who expects to breed a good one (HRCH out of an FC) here in Southwest, LA to something similar on her next cycle. Believe I can dig up a contact number if you'd like.
Rick Hall
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby fattire » Mon Feb 24, 2003 3:57 pm

Check out these goldens, they are great dogs, I have a lab but I have friends in Colorado with goldens from this breeder and have hunted with them on ducks and pheasant and was impressed.

There is a lady out of Florida who my buddies in AK get their goldens from also but I don’t know her off hand,

If I ever got a golden it would be from this breeder, my next lab will either be from them or Black forest kennels in Colorado but you were interested in Goldens.

http://www.trieven-sungold.com/
Hunting without a dog is just shooting.
fattire
Started
Started

Pflugerman

Postby JJ McGuire » Fri Mar 14, 2003 8:58 am

I don't know if you are syill in the market for a Golden, but I thought I would pass this along.
http://www.virtualslr.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=804
JJ

Never ask a man what kind of dog he has. If he has a Lab he'll tell you, if he does not, you don't want to shame him by asking.
JJ McGuire
Started
Started

Return to Retrievers