Female Lab Humping..

Retriever breed specific questions. Kennel information requests, etc.

Moderator: Moderator Pack

Female Lab Humping..

Postby Buckmaster24Fire » Fri Feb 07, 2003 9:15 am

I have a black female lab who will ocassionally begin humping things (Her bed, Blanket, etc...). Has anyone else had this experience? If so, how did you break her of that?
Buckmaster24Fire

Postby fattire » Mon Feb 24, 2003 4:04 pm

My dog did this right after she got spade around six months she stopped after awhile on her own. She occasionally will do it but not very often now. You can try putting 2 oz of white vinegar 14 oz of water in a 16 oz spray bottle. When she does it spray her in the face their noses are more sensitive and she will not like it got my dog to quite scratching the door this way and had it suggested for the humping.

Good luck.
Hunting without a dog is just shooting.
fattire
Started
Started

Thanks Fattire

Postby Buckmaster24Fire » Mon Feb 24, 2003 7:30 pm

Thanks for the advice, I'll have to try it.
Buckmaster24Fire

Postby fattire » Tue Feb 25, 2003 10:45 am

I would start with 1 oz of vinegar and work up until you notice a reaction; their noses are very sensitive so start with 1 oz if it does not get her attention you can add more.

Good luck
Hunting without a dog is just shooting.
fattire
Started
Started

I've got a humper

Postby ere562 » Tue Apr 22, 2003 12:00 am

Hello,

My female chocolate used to hump a pillow when she was young... but we eventually curbed that habit. Recently she began humping our male cat, and he seems to enjoy it. It's just too comical!

Erin
www.englishkennels.com
ere562

humping

Postby aimeeoutdoors » Tue Dec 06, 2005 7:55 pm

I have a female small munsterlander that humped all of her stuffed toys, especially Barney on the bed, on the rug, on the kitchen floor, you name it.... hahaha She did grow out of it as well. I think it may have had something to do with her being a very dominant puppy with a lot of excess energy. A word of advice.... get it on video for posterity. haha
aimeeoutdoors

humping

Postby aimeeoutdoors » Tue Dec 06, 2005 7:57 pm

I have a female small munsterlander that humped all of her stuffed toys, especially Barney on the bed, on the rug, on the kitchen floor, you name it.... hahaha She did grow out of it as well. I think it may have had something to do with her being a very dominant puppy with a lot of excess energy. A word of advice.... get it on video for posterity. haha
aimeeoutdoors

Postby orhunter » Wed Dec 07, 2005 1:33 am

Yea, it's a dominate thing not sexual..... My older Griff did it all the time till we got a pup for her to dominate. Suddenly stopped.....

Girls just gotta be on top......
SARCASM, one of the many free services I offer
orhunter
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby SteveB » Wed Dec 07, 2005 12:16 pm

Sounds like she has a little Mississippi Leg Hound in her. When she starts it's best to just let her finish :lol: :lol:

Steve
SteveB
Started
Started

Postby terryg » Fri Dec 09, 2005 3:50 pm

SteveB wrote:Sounds like she has a little Mississippi Leg Hound in her. When she starts it's best to just let her finish :lol: :lol:

Steve

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night because rough men stand guard around the world ready to do violence on their behalf!
terryg
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby orhunter » Fri Dec 09, 2005 7:59 pm

Terry. They could make a tape, put the dog on "Americas Funniest Home Videos," and get on tv and all that cool stuff......
SARCASM, one of the many free services I offer
orhunter
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Return to Retrievers