Vizsla Breeder?

Pointer and setter breed specific questions. Kennel information requests, etc.

Moderator: Moderator Pack

Vizsla Breeder?

Postby daeion » Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:29 pm

Can anyone recommend a good Vizsla breeder in or around MN? Also is there a breed group similar to what the small munsterlander has in the SMCNA or KLM-GNA? Have a buddy looking for a breeder and want to make sure he gets a good one.

Also, I've had several people tell me they are getting vizslas because they need a hypoallergenic hunting dog but my understanding is they aren't actually hypoallergenic, so are they just the most hypoallergenic of all breeds?
daeion
Seasoned
Seasoned

Re: Vizsla Breeder?

Postby orhunter » Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:54 am

The Griffon is generally considered to be the least hypoallergenic. Dunno the Vizsla status in that department? A lot of folks believe hair length is the key but it isn't. Individual dogs withing a single breed can and do have different levels of toxic effect.
SARCASM, one of the many free services I offer
orhunter
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby slistoe » Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:56 pm

Anyone know anything about this dog? Touchdown Guy, owned by Ron & Denise Chenoweth
slistoe
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby bwjohn » Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:55 am

slistoe,
pm me your questions about Guy, I judged him and put him up as the Shooting Dog Champion at the Western Classic for the National Vizsla Association. I know the dog pretty well.

V's are definitely not hypoallergenic. Where are they on the scale with other dogs, is really hard to say.

Daeion,
what kind of hunting is your buddy expecting to do? that could give me a little more insight to where to point him for a dog? He should be ok with expanding his search, getting the right dog is more important than getting a close dog.

I do know of a couple of litters coming up, maybe one of them will work for him.

brandon
bwjohn
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby slistoe » Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:50 pm

The fellow was asking about viszlas and since Guy just placed runner up in the Montana Shooting Dog Championship I thought that for someone interested in a viszla it might be worth checking where he came from and where he was being bred.
slistoe
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Return to Pointers