Wirehaired Vizsla breeder search

Pointer and setter breed specific questions. Kennel information requests, etc.

Moderator: Moderator Pack

Wirehaired Vizsla breeder search

Postby RyanND » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:17 pm

My name is ryan, out of North Dakota. So after a lot of research I believe a WHV would be a perfect fit for me, with goal of getting UT prize 1 and hopefully go all the way to invitational. Now the problem I'm having is finding a breeder who breeds for hunters, it seems most of the breeders I've found breed for show. Hopeful I can find a breeder that breeds for hunting ablilty and has some titled dogs in NAVDHA.. Does anyone know of any WHV breeders from proven hunting lines. Appreciate any info. Thanks!
RyanND
Pup
Pup

Re: Wirehaired Vizsla breeder search

Postby Charli » Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:42 pm

Dogs from Zoldmali Kennels do well in NAVHDA tests. It might be tough to get your hands on one as the breeds NAVHDA registry averages only 18 per year.

www.zoldmali.hu
Charli
Pup
Pup

Postby JTracyII » Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:39 pm

Call Steve Slauson who used to breed. He knows where to go. He has dogs from the Kennel mentioned above and has visited the kennel personally. He used to have a kennel by the name of County Line Kennels, but has sense closed. He is in TX.
JTracyII
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby Whiskers » Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:57 pm

Ryan, PM me. I am in ND also and know someone personally with a WHV in ND from this kennel. I can probably put you in contact with this person to answer all your questions. Very nice dog. I have had my hands on him and watched him work in the field and water. He has his AKC Jr. hunter title and scored a Pr. 1 110 in NAVHDA NA.
Whiskers
Started
Started

Return to Pointers