Some PP search commentary AND WPG breeder inquiry.

Pointer and setter breed specific questions. Kennel information requests, etc.

Moderator: Moderator Pack

Re: Some PP search commentary AND WPG breeder inquiry.

Postby runningdogs » Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:09 pm

oops double post
Last edited by runningdogs on Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
runningdogs
Started
Started

Postby runningdogs » Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:09 pm

Deacon wrote:This woman is a dedicated dog owner. She is the type of person who may not know a lot, but she is willing to ask a ton of questions, take advice, and work with her dog. I believe she also has a Master Hunter title on the dog, as well as some retrieving titles on the same dog. I don't think the dog has ever been sent to a professional trainer.

Hmmm... Perhaps I'll be this woman in 15 years!

Deacon wrote:I wish you well in your quest. I have a friend of mine who got his first bird dog with the intention of just having a running / hiking companion. The dog ended up getting him hooked on both field trialing as well as hunting. His weekends are now largely planned around some kind of gun dog activity. His circle of friends has expanded to include many people he would not have ever met if he hadn't bought that first dog.

And if THIS ever happens to me, my poor Dad will finally have to admit that we are in fact blood related! :lol:

Thanks for the support and good information Deacon.
runningdogs
Started
Started

Postby Densa44 » Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:17 pm

Fascinating post, and I admire the candor of the fellow who started the post. I'm a breeder of the boutique variety and we insist that the pup be run in at least the NA level of Navhda otherwise we have no idea of how good/bad the pups are that we are breeding.

I too have seen a large number of handlers that in no way are hunters, one member got her little female Brit a 204 with clicker training. A remarkable achievement. Many of these handlers have taken up hunting because their dogs are so good.

I like it when the pup goes to a home with children, one of our pups went to a home with an autistic 11 year old boy, the family came to visit the litter and one pup ran right out to the child and they have been close friends ever since.

So they do shed as has been said and you can get a PP if you want. They are very expensive as dogs go but if you train them I think you get your money's worth. We have 4 in the house.
Pine Ridges Ginnieve NA 112 UT pz 1 200
Camridge's Sienna NA 112 UT pz 1 204
Foothill Joce NA 112
Czarina Vom Oberland VJP 70 NA pz 112
Densa44
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Previous

Return to Pointers