Llewellin Setter question

Pointer and setter breed specific questions. Kennel information requests, etc.

Moderator: Moderator Pack

Llewellin Setter question

Postby deerhost » Sat Dec 05, 2015 4:36 pm

Hi everyone. I've been a life long beagles, I've had hunting beagles for the last twenty year and have breed and field trailed them. A few years back I picked up my first bird dog, a Brittany. It has been a blast. All my dogs live out doors in a kennel. I would like to add a llewellin setter to my kennel. I've been doing some research on the breed and I keep reading that they are not good kennel dogs due to excessive barking when left out doors. I would like to get some feed back on this trait. My beagles are silent in the kennel partly due to selective breeding. I do not breed happy dogs no matter how good they are in the field. My Brittany is also pretty good about being outside. I have homes on either side of me and can not have a yappy dog that barks all day. If anyone has a setter outdoors can you share what they are like? Thanks Andre
deerhost
Seasoned
Seasoned

Re: Llewellin Setter question

Postby WVcall » Mon Dec 07, 2015 3:55 pm

Go and visit the kennel or breeder at there home and see there dogs in the kennel. My family owned Irish setters a long time ago but as a kid they only barked when someone come close to the property or if they where playing with another dog and got wound up. If you have a quiet kennel they should learn from example from the other dogs if not there is always bark collar!
WVcall
Pup
Pup

Postby deerhost » Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:02 pm

Thanks for the input.
deerhost
Seasoned
Seasoned

Postby Densa44 » Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:50 am

The only one I know sleeps on the bed. But he is a great dog, very stylish and in the water uses his tail like a 10 horse.
Pine Ridges Ginnieve NA 112 UT pz 1 200
Camridge's Sienna NA 112 UT pz 1 204
Foothill Joce NA 112
Czarina Vom Oberland VJP 70 NA pz 112
Densa44
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Return to Pointers