WPG Breeders

Pointer and setter breed specific questions. Kennel information requests, etc.

Moderator: Moderator Pack

Re: WPG Breeders

Postby marsh » Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:00 am

This gentleman has some nice Giffs- located in Milford/Highland area. I train with Mike and have guided with him at some tower shoots. He waterfowl hunts and upland hunts his dogs extensively. Might want to give him a shout- he has been a breeder for a LOOONNNGGG time and is heavy into the Griffs. Here is his facebook page for his hounds

https://www.facebook.com/fuzzyhuntingdogs

If you want his number- PM me and I can send his cell. Ran my PP with two of his pups today. One 7 MO male and a 4 MO bitch. Both nice dogs with good coat quality. The little female is a firecracker as is two of the littermates I have seen.

Hope that this helps.
marsh
Master Poster
Master Poster

Postby JTracyII » Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:03 pm

Klocke owns South Canadian Gundogs in oklahoma. He may be producing a litter next Spring. You might check with him. He has a nice female that he bred last year and reports are coming back pretty positive so far. He plans to utility test her this October. Nice tight fitting harsh coat. I hunt and train with this dog quite a bit. Good luck in your search.
JTracyII
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby bhennessy » Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:59 pm

I was in both your shoes a couple years ago; wanted a Good hunting Griff that was going to be great in the house too. I started my research with the American Wirehaired Pointing Griffon Association website, including their breeder directory. You can get a sense of who is in your travel area, and even what type of testing they do. Then bounce that info off the NAVHDA info and start making calls and narrowing down to a short list of good breeders. You should check out pedigrees and other breeding and testing info for specific dogs on the AWPGA site too as you make your short list of breeders...very helpful database.

Finally it will come down to who on your short list will have a pup available for you within your timeframe. I ended up with a pup from Jay Hoth's Switchgrass Kennel in Enid, OK and we couldn't be happier. I also found that the Reputable WPG breeder community is pretty small and are generally willing to weigh in on the other breeders on your list if you ask them.
bhennessy
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Previous

Return to Pointers