new to the form

Pointer and setter breed specific questions. Kennel information requests, etc.

Moderator: Moderator Pack

new to the form

Postby Big Gunner » Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:09 pm

Hello everyone.

I am new to the form and soon to be new to owning a versatile gun dog. I have hunted over them quite a bit and it's time now to get my own. I have a deposit on a
Braque Francais and it is expected to be born mid March. Anyone hunt over one or with one before. And how were they for training???

Any advice will help.
Big Gunner
Pup
Pup

Re: new to the form

Postby Deuce » Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:21 pm

Welcome!

I have seen a few run NAVHDA NA tests, but never worked with one. I think someone here may have one, but I don't think they're a frequent poster... I could be wrong. At anyrate, I'm sure others with chime in. Look forward to seeing pics when you get the pup.
Deuce
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby Steve Anker » Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:23 pm

CLUMBER SPANIEL....!
Steve "HOSS" Anker
ANKER OUTFITTERS
A-TEAM Gun Dog Training
FEATHER TERROR KENNELS

"Time with my dogs clears my mind, renews my faith, and lets me see the world as it is. My only regret loving dogs as I do, is the misery of their early departure." Robert G. Wehle
Steve Anker
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby Deacon » Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:26 pm

A friend of mine in northern NY has some very nice BF's. One of his dogs, in particular, is absolutely exceptional.
Deacon
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby bullfrog » Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:03 pm

BG,
my next door neighbor is a BF breeder. They have 3 females. I have hunted over one of them. She was excellent. Good nose, nice comfortable range...very good disposition. Interesting size as their females run from just 35 pounds to about 45. Very athletic builds and can cover ground quickly.
A good friend of mine got a pup from them last year. He is about 9 months old now and doing well. He seems to be on his way to about 50 pounds or maybe a little more. He is quick, has a great nose and is very willing to please. He seams to train fairly easily, but that is obviously a work in progress. So far this particular dog does not enjoy the water but I'm sure that will change with more exposure.
I'm sure you will be happy with your pup. Good luck and keep us updated!
Here is a pic of my friends dog hanging with my older PP.

Another of some training. Good lookin dog!

bullfrog
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Return to Pointers