Pudelpointer Roll Call

Pointer and setter breed specific questions. Kennel information requests, etc.

Moderator: Moderator Pack

Re: Pudelpointer Roll Call

Postby Deacon » Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:07 am

Good to see you again tbaier74. Nice looking pup.
Deacon
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby phamfamily » Wed Dec 16, 2015 5:25 am

I've been lurking on this forum for several years researching my next breed....narrowed down to PP after looking at some Drahthaars. Got a pup from Tony at Marshland in MN last spring and it was by far the most gifted pup I've worked with (previous GSP and current pointing lab). It was retrieving in the hallway at 7 weeks first day home, scent pointing pigeons in step-on launchers the next week, and water retrieving bumpers at 8.5 weeks in our pond. It loved the water more than our lab. Unfortunately, we lost the pup to an alligator when it dove into a canal in Florida in October....it was already 68 pounds of muscle, so not a small dog at all, but disappeared in just a few seconds to the gator. We were fortunate to be in contact with several breeders since then, and are getting a pup out of Ripsnorter's Fin x Zada litter this month. We also met Jim Kenny at Foothill Kennels on our way up from Florida and loved his dogs and also lots of supportive calls from Dave Erwin from Clear Creek Kennels when he heard about what happened to our pup. Lots of great people with lots of great dogs out there. Looking forward to training again, even if it's wintertime. Just curious if our last pup's behavior was unique to him or the breed, but when he drank, he did total face immersion. He would blow bubbles when he drank and not just lap water like any of my previous dogs. It was cute, but he always made a mess and dribbled water from his beard afterwards. He had no issues diving for ducks, frogs, or anything submerged and was pulling rocks off the bottom of the pond like a dabbler duck even as a pup. Anyone else have this with the PP?
phamfamily
Pup
Pup

Postby marsh » Fri Dec 18, 2015 2:50 pm

I think you should get used to the messy drinking. Olaf blows bubbles in the lake and his bowl at times. As I said previously, enjoy your new pup and have fun. Looking forward to hearing the progress on your pup... My boy from the first breeding was a slow maturing dog- but has really rounded out nicely.
marsh
Master Poster
Master Poster

Postby bigredhunter » Fri Dec 18, 2015 4:32 pm

Phamfamily,

Good to hear you have another dog on the way. I to am getting a pup from the Fin X Zada litter. I'm getting a liver male, what are you getting?
bigredhunter
Pup
Pup

Postby phamfamily » Fri Dec 18, 2015 6:14 pm

Black male...picking up on 27th, but we would be happy with anything right now. I wondered if it was the breed, the way they dunk face first to drink. Our last pup also carried rocks in the house and would deposit them in the water bowl when he drank...must have had the rocks in his mouth and they fell out when he was blowing bubbles. I've never seen a dog or breed drink like that before.
phamfamily
Pup
Pup

Postby bigredhunter » Wed Dec 23, 2015 4:02 pm

Phamfamily,

The 27th is almost here! I'm sure you are excited. Looks like I will be going up on Jan 1st to pickup my guy, can't wait!!.
Last edited by bigredhunter on Thu Dec 24, 2015 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
bigredhunter
Pup
Pup

Postby marsh » Wed Dec 23, 2015 7:07 pm

Haave fun with those fur balls Pham and bigred!!! What a great way to start the year out for both of your families!!!
marsh
Master Poster
Master Poster

Postby BrownBirdDog » Fri Jan 01, 2016 11:44 pm

IMG_10303.jpg

'Bear' from Ripsnorter, year and a half old. great dog
BrownBirdDog
Started
Started

Postby marsh » Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:24 pm

BrownBirdDog wrote:
IMG_10303.jpg

Is 'Bear' from Fin/Zayda litter? If so, I have his brother over here in MI.
marsh
Master Poster
Master Poster

Postby marsh » Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:28 pm

BrownBirdDog wrote:
IMG_10303.jpg

year and a half probably is a Fin/Cady breeding...
marsh
Master Poster
Master Poster

Postby BrownBirdDog » Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:05 pm

correct fin/cady

couldn't be more happy. very affectionate, protective, great with he kids, and on bird.

unfortunately he has had a couple ticks and the vet says titer results show lyme infection. We'll see. no symptoms.
BrownBirdDog
Started
Started

Postby marsh » Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:50 am

BBD-

My friends PP has been tested and shown positive for Lymes. This is despite getting the vaccination and being treated with tick and flea meds... It has been two or three years and there he is not showing any issues. So perhaps this will be just like his case- hope so. Enjoy your PP. Will you be preparing for UT with him this year?
marsh
Master Poster
Master Poster

Postby bigredhunter » Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:34 am

The official introduction of Ripsnorter's König Amos, call name is Amos!! So far he has been everything I hoped, and adjusting nicely. We have been working on initial OB and socialization. Looking forward to many years and hunting trips with this guy!
Attachments
1-21-16 033.JPG
bigredhunter
Pup
Pup

Postby JASmith » Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:13 am

I am on the hopeful list to be getting a Female from Rock Creek in MN this spring!
Rock Creek Gooseberry (Rebel)
JASmith
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby Nick-JB » Thu Nov 24, 2016 2:35 pm

Just joined the forum. I'm a PP wannabe.

Nick
Nick-JB
Pup
Pup

PreviousNext

Return to Pointers