Pudelpointer Clubs what a mess.

Pointer and setter breed specific questions. Kennel information requests, etc.

Moderator: Moderator Pack

Re: Pudelpointer Clubs what a mess.

Postby CEA » Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:39 pm

Densa44, is that breeder in Canada(pineridge)? I heard that same quote from that breeder (my breede)r when I asked why he wasn't in nappa. I strongly agree with the reasoning behind the nappa rules for breeding. On the other hand I have a pup from a breeding were the sire has not been UT tested. I couldn't ask for a better dog and I am very happy with my decision to go to that breeder. I think the rules help keep the wannabe back yard breeders from running wild in the breed.

I know this has been the subject to older posts but I am interested to hear what guys like Bill and Calvin currently think about what pineridge is doing. Looking at current breeding it looks like Mike is importing more and bringing in some nice dogs.
CEA
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby GFORCE » Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:42 am

I am curious as well. Since we are picking up our puppy this saturday from Mike. This is a breeding between Pedro ze Strazistskych Lesu a new German import and Otti at Pineridge. It seems that both animals are good dogs with nice coats. I prefer the medium wire to wooly. Mike has told us all ten pups are med - wooly in this litter with no slicks. Curious what you guys think. We had tried to get a pup from his last litter but were last on the list and that pup wasn't what we were looking for so we waited for this litter.
GFORCE
Seasoned
Seasoned

Postby CEA » Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:27 pm

Gforce. No matter what anyone says or how I feel I can tell you I am extremely happy. My pup was hunting at an early age and is a bird finding, swimming, and pointing machine. Also he has a great temperament and is a great dog in the house. If you put your time in Im sure you will be more than happy.
CEA
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby GPBLITZ » Thu Mar 05, 2015 7:25 pm

Is NAPPA governed by a dictator who knows what is best for everybody
GPBLITZ
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby JTracyII » Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:45 pm

I'm not a NAPPA breeder, but I did a lot of research before getting my PP and this is what I understand. Someone may correct me if I'm wrong on any of my facts. NAPPA is not ruled by a dictator. In fact, this is what NAPPA was trying to distance themselves from when Bobo (a dictator) split from Navhda. However, Bob Faris and Athens wanted to make sure the PP and it's performance was protected and improved, so they formed NAPPA. The breeders involved agree to test ( performance wise and health wise) their stock before breeding them. They can get their stock from any place (German system,another NAPPA Breeder, PCNA, Etc) and if they qualify as far as the breeding standards go then they can be used for breeding. Now, my question is why would breeders not want to be a part of the system?
JTracyII
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby orhunter » Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:23 pm

Agree with JTracy. Pretty tough to call someone a dictator if everyone agrees on what is best. The system works, don't screw with the system. Proof is in the dogs.
SARCASM, one of the many free services I offer
orhunter
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby GFORCE » Sun Mar 08, 2015 11:03 am

Curious how all this works. ....so after I test him and assuming he does well enough and we breed him to a tested bitch. Can I then register his litter with NAPPA? If there are two untested PP and have a litter. Can litters from those dogs be tested and registered with NAPPA? Just looking for some clarification here I guess.
GFORCE
Seasoned
Seasoned

Postby blathens » Sun Mar 08, 2015 1:52 pm

GForce, Nappa is not a registry. It is an Alliance of breeders wanting to maintain and improve the integrity og the pudelpointer. All pudelpointers can be regisstered in North America with either NAVHDA , American Field and the Canadian Kennel Club. The vast majority use NAVHDA as the registry. I have been told they are also registerable with the Untied Kennel Club.
As a NAPPA breeder you agree to maintain the breed standards and for that have the strength of 25 plus other like minded breeders to help in you breed the best to the best by sharing genetics, information and use of the advanced Breedmate program.

Bill
blathens
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Previous

Return to Pointers