Pudelpointer Clubs what a mess.

Pointer and setter breed specific questions. Kennel information requests, etc.

Moderator: Moderator Pack

Re: Pudelpointer Clubs what a mess.

Postby RBoutdoors » Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:08 am

Calvin why would you even bring that up other than to try and bash the JGHV. There are only two litter produced so far. Both with the same female but different males. That is such a small sampling that you can't base your opinion of an entire system of of two litters. Would you like me to find two litters of NAPPA dogs with more than average slicks or any other genetic issues? I am sure that would be jus as easy to do.

This is the type of crap I am talking about. You can't honestly look at every breed that uses the JGHV system and say it doesn't produce reliable dogs. You just choose to bash any chance you get. This is why there will always be more than one group of PP's.
RBoutdoors
Started
Started

Postby madduckdog » Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:27 am

I have a VPP dog from one of those breedings. His coat is less than ideal. A little too long, a little soft and not as tight as I like to see.

so are you not going to breed "ACE aka Mack" or is his coat good enough.
madduckdog
Master Poster
Master Poster

Postby blathens » Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:32 am

RB, Calvin is not bashing the VPP. He has a VPP dog that is very nice. The coats on the PP have and are becoming more consistent with fewer "slicks" and "woolies" as in the past. I bred my first PP bitch back in 1983, of German parentage to Winterhelle's Whopper and got two "slick" pups. I bred her a second time to Birchwood's Euripides and got two "slicks." Since then, now on my "V" litter I had one slick in my "M" litter. Coat consistency has not reached the level of the VDD but it is improving.
I am interested in how you got burned by a NAPPA breeder. Perhaps you could PM me.

Bill
blathens
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby Georgia Boy » Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:17 pm

I personally am astounded at the issues and turmoil in PP world :shock: All you guys need now is AKC recognition :lol:
Home of the truly versatile hunting companion. http://www.vommountaincreek.com
Georgia Boy
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby dualgwp » Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:33 pm

These "discussions" take place in just about every breed... AKC , european, FCI ,AF. . Labs, spaniels, hounds, terriers it's no different!
One person sees one way to breed and train dogs, another person sees another way.... and of course each one is absolutely, positively right!

It's entertaining to read it all that's for sure! And if one can somehow keep an open mind, you can learn an awful lot from each camp.

Dual... just readin' and learnin' and chucklin' from time to time. Thanks to all for sharing!
dualgwp
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby blathens » Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:39 pm

Georgia, what turmoil are you talking about? I don't see any turmoil at all.

Bill
blathens
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby Calvinator » Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:37 pm

so are you not going to breed "ACE aka Mack" or is his coat good enough

At this time, no one is beating down the door to use Mac for stud. No one that I know makes breeding decisions based solely on coat. He is not even eligable until he gets his PennHip radiographs.

Calvin
Calvinator
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby Cooper Hill Hunter » Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:10 pm

OK, NAPPA or VPP pup?

:lol:
Cooper Hill Hunter
Seasoned
Seasoned

Postby madduckdog » Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:24 pm

will thats no slick
madduckdog
Master Poster
Master Poster

Postby DesertPP » Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:34 pm

Georgia boy wrote
I personally am astounded at the issues and turmoil in PP world All you guys need now is AKC recognition

If the AKC ever does one thing is for sure, they will get the coats standardized and the rest of the dog be damned.
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.
-Will Rogers
DesertPP
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby azquailhntr » Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:31 am

Cooper Hill Hunter wrote:OK, NAPPA or VPP pup?

:lol:

I have one of those in White...is that some new form of EP? or GSP? Wooly and white? All he points is to the door when someone comes a knocking :D

Oh let us pray that the AKC does not get its hands on the PP! (gutter)
azquailhntr
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby Grasu200 » Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:28 am

azquailhntr wrote:Bill nailed it as far as I'm concerned

"The focus is on producing hunting dogs for hunters who also want a great family dog. No pet people, no show dogs, obedience, therapy or agility dogs."

Well said! Keep the breed in hunters hands.

Totally agree......
Grasu200
Pup
Pup

Postby Steve Anker » Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:00 am

SHEEEEEESH........

You Wooley guys are intense.
Baloney, salami, baloney, salami.....
it must just be all that WOOL that generates all the static electricity that runs through you guys.
A hairy turmoil that exists,
:mrgreen:
So, clip em down, shave em, then you can join the AKC clubs and promote the CLUMBER SPANIEL...!
Steve "HOSS" Anker
ANKER OUTFITTERS
A-TEAM Gun Dog Training
FEATHER TERROR KENNELS

"Time with my dogs clears my mind, renews my faith, and lets me see the world as it is. My only regret loving dogs as I do, is the misery of their early departure." Robert G. Wehle
Steve Anker
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby DrahtsundBraats » Thu Jan 01, 2015 11:17 am

more messed up than the GWP - DD

They're not messed up...both groups are coexisting very nicely. Contrary to popular opinion, there is very little interest on the part of either group for the dogs or priorities of the other.
A few GWP kennels are attempting to infuse some DD pedigrees. I have not spoken with a DD breeder that has expressed regret at not being able to breed to specific GWP.

I think it works....both groups are proud of their dogs and interests.

Long term, I think NAPPA will be the clear winner in the PP space....unless the breed is admitted to the AKC and the show dog rises to popularity...but then if PP owners are smart, they will assume control of the fledgling PP club immediately
and do what they can to accent performance. I wonder if we will also see white FT Pudelpointers?? :lol:
DrahtsundBraats
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby Densa44 » Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:10 am

I'm not as well informed as many other here. Living in Alberta, we are not close to any other breeders or NAVHDA clubs but I hear the disturbing rumours.

I sincerely wish that they could get together too. The rub is (from what I have heard) is who you can breed your dog to. In our case it isn't a problem because we only own females and we try to breed the best to the best and at the same time maximize the gene pool (very low COI).

I have heard one other large breeder say he doesn't want anyone telling him who he can breed to. Too bad really because IMO dogs are bring bred that should not be.
Pine Ridges Ginnieve NA 112 UT pz 1 200
Camridge's Sienna NA 112 UT pz 1 204
Foothill Joce NA 112
Czarina Vom Oberland VJP 70 NA pz 112
Densa44
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Pointers