A litter vom Herbstmond

Genetics, breeding, birth defects, diseases, etc. (No litter listings)

Moderator: Moderator Pack

Re: A litter vom Herbstmond

Postby Misskiwi67 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:16 pm

One of the girls with a coon tail from our hunt yesterday.

http://youtu.be/4vn9O8V932Y
Vivian II vom Jagdkonig- VJP 71 HZP 191 VGP 262 Prize III
Arabella vom Hoheren Boden- VJP 74 HZP 181/189 VGP 281 Prize I
User avatar
Misskiwi67
Champion Poster
Champion Poster
 
Posts: 1808
Joined: Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:04 pm
Location: Iowa

Re: A litter vom Herbstmond

Postby orhunter » Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:21 am

I like her enthusiasm. You sure have a gorgeous litter.
SARCASM, one of the many free services I offer
orhunter
Champion Poster
Champion Poster
 
Posts: 7290
Joined: Wed Sep 04, 2002 12:29 am
Location: nw oregon

Re: A litter vom Herbstmond

Postby AverageGuy » Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:20 pm

Like the looks of that!

Sorry about losing the puppy. Not meant to be.
AverageGuy
Champion Poster
Champion Poster
 
Posts: 1425
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:05 am

Re: A litter vom Herbstmond

Postby hicntry » Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:28 pm

I agree, nice looking pups. That is what I would expect in a litter of versatile bred pups.

" I'm excited about doing things the right way, and thought I'd share along the way. "

I would like to hear more about how you are socializing them and bringing them along in "the right way"
Ignorance can be fixed but stupid is forever.
Law of Logical Argument - Anything is possible IF you don't know what you are talking about.

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Jim Beam in one hand, Airedale in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
hicntry
Champion Poster
Champion Poster
 
Posts: 3567
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2003 7:22 pm
Location: North Fork, CA

Re: A litter vom Herbstmond

Postby Misskiwi67 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:39 pm

hicntry wrote:I agree, nice looking pups. That is what I would expect in a litter of versatile bred pups.

" I'm excited about doing things the right way, and thought I'd share along the way. "

I would like to hear more about how you are socializing them and bringing them along in "the right way"


You mean by not letting my dog get knocked up by the neighbor dog and selling for $500 on Craigslist like most litters I see?? 10 years ago I wouldn't have expected to own a non-shelter dog, let alone be proud enough of a pedigree, breed club and performance to breed them.

I have an open invitation to all friends and neighbors to visit the pups since they were 2 weeks old. We've had company about twice a week since then. I handle them every evening, carrying them, touching ears, feet and mouth. I have a Facebook page where I post video for puppy buyers every 2-3 days.

They've been moved to the shop, and will have unlimited outdoor access as soon as Im able to monitor that they've learned to use the dog door.

They've had their mouths on fresh fur, and will be exposed to their first quail this weekend. If I can get a small rabbit they will have an opportunity to tackle one of those too.

At 6 weeks I plan to start free walking in the timber, and planting quail. Once they are bird crazy we will start exposure to gunfire.

At 7 weeks we will start "loading the clicker" and by 8 weeks I expect to have a good recall and sit.
Vivian II vom Jagdkonig- VJP 71 HZP 191 VGP 262 Prize III
Arabella vom Hoheren Boden- VJP 74 HZP 181/189 VGP 281 Prize I
User avatar
Misskiwi67
Champion Poster
Champion Poster
 
Posts: 1808
Joined: Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:04 pm
Location: Iowa

Re: A litter vom Herbstmond

Postby Misskiwi67 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:04 pm

More videos, nothing special, just cute puppies. These are the videos I've been posting so puppy buyers can watch their growth and development.

http://youtu.be/GlhPfR9l5_o

http://youtu.be/wEedhLbdWyU

http://youtu.be/5vivqd9p5Is

http://youtu.be/yq33vKTPSCA
Vivian II vom Jagdkonig- VJP 71 HZP 191 VGP 262 Prize III
Arabella vom Hoheren Boden- VJP 74 HZP 181/189 VGP 281 Prize I
User avatar
Misskiwi67
Champion Poster
Champion Poster
 
Posts: 1808
Joined: Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:04 pm
Location: Iowa

Re: A litter vom Herbstmond

Postby hicntry » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:17 pm

Misskiwi67 wrote:
You mean by not letting my dog get knocked up by the neighbor dog and selling for $500 on Craigslist like most litters I see?? 10 years ago I wouldn't have expected to own a non-shelter dog, let alone be proud enough of a pedigree, breed club and performance to breed them.


I have no idea where this even came from!

The rest on how you handle them and bring them along , as a first time breeder, is what I am interested in. You were quite adamant in previous discussions about the importance of socialization and I feel a new perspective may be beneficial to some of us old timers. As an aside, you did say you would share along the way. Let's face it, I have shared what I do/don't do with pups and put videos up of how well it works. None of which you agree with. Now, I am curious how to do it the right way according to you.
Ignorance can be fixed but stupid is forever.
Law of Logical Argument - Anything is possible IF you don't know what you are talking about.

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Jim Beam in one hand, Airedale in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
hicntry
Champion Poster
Champion Poster
 
Posts: 3567
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2003 7:22 pm
Location: North Fork, CA

Re: A litter vom Herbstmond

Postby Misskiwi67 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:45 pm

hicntry wrote:
Misskiwi67 wrote:
You mean by not letting my dog get knocked up by the neighbor dog and selling for $500 on Craigslist like most litters I see?? 10 years ago I wouldn't have expected to own a non-shelter dog, let alone be proud enough of a pedigree, breed club and performance to breed them.


I have no idea where this even came from!

The rest on how you handle them and bring them along , as a first time breeder, is what I am interested in. You were quite adamant in previous discussions about the importance of socialization and I feel a new perspective may be beneficial to some of us old timers. As an aside, you did say you would share along the way. Let's face it, I have shared what I do/don't do with pups and put videos up of how well it works. None of which you agree with. Now, I am curious how to do it the right way according to you.

None of my comments on this thread have been directed towards you or our previous discussions on this page. If it doesn't make sense, it's because it wasn't about you.

Last month I saw a litter of pups for vaccines at 6 weeks, going to new homes immediately (too young). I saw the dog for her puppy series too. She was purchased for breeding, has entropion, retained deciduous teeth and luxating patellas. She had a litter at 6 months, and was bred again the day of her annual boosters. The guy thought it was hilarious his daughter was freaking pout about the dogs being stuck together. This dog, and the other 3, will be bred on every cycle with minimal care for their entire reproductive lives. But because the dogs live in the home they are considered good neighborhood breeders and not a puppy mill.

I don't want to be like THOSE people, who are the majority of breeders I come into contact with. I want to do the best I can with what I have. Nothing more. My comments were never meant as a personal insult or challenge to you.

I had a lot more time to post before I had a litter to care for, hence the minimal updates here.
Vivian II vom Jagdkonig- VJP 71 HZP 191 VGP 262 Prize III
Arabella vom Hoheren Boden- VJP 74 HZP 181/189 VGP 281 Prize I
User avatar
Misskiwi67
Champion Poster
Champion Poster
 
Posts: 1808
Joined: Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:04 pm
Location: Iowa

Re: A litter vom Herbstmond

Postby Misskiwi67 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:47 pm

orhunter wrote:I like her enthusiasm. You sure have a gorgeous litter.


Thank you! They are so much fun right now!
Vivian II vom Jagdkonig- VJP 71 HZP 191 VGP 262 Prize III
Arabella vom Hoheren Boden- VJP 74 HZP 181/189 VGP 281 Prize I
User avatar
Misskiwi67
Champion Poster
Champion Poster
 
Posts: 1808
Joined: Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:04 pm
Location: Iowa

Re: A litter vom Herbstmond

Postby hicntry » Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:35 pm

Miss K, you have said nothing in this thread for me to take offence at....and I have taken none. I was just curious as to what people of your age group perceive as the "right way" in regards to something they have never done. I was expecting more commentary from you is all. Sorry if you are taking my questions as picking on you.
Ignorance can be fixed but stupid is forever.
Law of Logical Argument - Anything is possible IF you don't know what you are talking about.

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Jim Beam in one hand, Airedale in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
hicntry
Champion Poster
Champion Poster
 
Posts: 3567
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2003 7:22 pm
Location: North Fork, CA

Re: A litter vom Herbstmond

Postby Misskiwi67 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:49 pm

hicntry wrote:Miss K, you have said nothing in this thread for me to take offence at....and I have taken none. I was just curious as to what people of your age group perceive as the "right way" in regards to something they have never done. I was expecting more commentary from you is all. Sorry if you are taking my questions as picking on you.


It IS atypical for me, I will give you that!! The only reason Im commenting now is because a cancelled appointment has provided me with a long lunch. I'm spending most of my free time with puppies or communicating with my puppy buyers. I'm really thrilled with the group of people I had to choose from and enjoying keeping them involved as much as possible from several states away. None of the pups will be staying in Iowa.

90% of what I'm doing now is handling. The next few weeks will get more fun!
Vivian II vom Jagdkonig- VJP 71 HZP 191 VGP 262 Prize III
Arabella vom Hoheren Boden- VJP 74 HZP 181/189 VGP 281 Prize I
User avatar
Misskiwi67
Champion Poster
Champion Poster
 
Posts: 1808
Joined: Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:04 pm
Location: Iowa

Re: A litter vom Herbstmond

Postby Misskiwi67 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:11 pm

Vivian II vom Jagdkonig- VJP 71 HZP 191 VGP 262 Prize III
Arabella vom Hoheren Boden- VJP 74 HZP 181/189 VGP 281 Prize I
User avatar
Misskiwi67
Champion Poster
Champion Poster
 
Posts: 1808
Joined: Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:04 pm
Location: Iowa

Re: A litter vom Herbstmond

Postby orhunter » Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:14 pm

Love it! Pups are looking better every day.
SARCASM, one of the many free services I offer
orhunter
Champion Poster
Champion Poster
 
Posts: 7290
Joined: Wed Sep 04, 2002 12:29 am
Location: nw oregon

Re: A litter vom Herbstmond

Postby AverageGuy » Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:56 pm

The New Owners have to be loving that! Looks like a lot of fun. And Work.
AverageGuy
Champion Poster
Champion Poster
 
Posts: 1425
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:05 am

Re: A litter vom Herbstmond

Postby Misskiwi67 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:18 pm

AverageGuy wrote:The New Owners have to be loving that! Looks like a lot of fun. And Work.


Catching the loose quail was work, the rest was fun!!
Vivian II vom Jagdkonig- VJP 71 HZP 191 VGP 262 Prize III
Arabella vom Hoheren Boden- VJP 74 HZP 181/189 VGP 281 Prize I
User avatar
Misskiwi67
Champion Poster
Champion Poster
 
Posts: 1808
Joined: Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:04 pm
Location: Iowa

PreviousNext

Return to Breeding

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests