I was bored and run across these videos.

Genetics, breeding, birth defects, diseases, etc. (No litter listings)

Moderator: Moderator Pack

Re: I was bored and run across these videos.

Postby carramrod » Fri Aug 12, 2016 8:45 pm

hicntry wrote:Miss K, instead of telling stories of one dog you have encountered, how about you give us a detailed account on how you have raised all your pups when you breed. How did they turn out with all your experience?

Why do you discredit someone who hand less multiple animals per day but because they aren't a breeder their experience doesn't count?
carramrod
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby hicntry » Sat Aug 13, 2016 9:02 am

Why I am not discrediting MissK at all and am not sure how you could assume that. I am just trying to ascertain her level of experience on this subject because I am sure most would like to know. I am sure that she didn't feel I was discrediting her or she would't have answered the question so eloquently. :wink:
Ignorance can be fixed but stupid is forever.
Law of Logical Argument - Anything is possible IF you don't know what you are talking about.

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Jim Beam in one hand, Airedale in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
hicntry
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby hicntry » Sun Aug 14, 2016 11:18 am

I have a few minutes right now and feel a few things should be explained. First, there are a lot of dogs out there that wouldn't need socialization had they been given the opportunity and the place to go out and explore on their own without having to do retrieving drills etc at 8 weeks old. Second, there are good dogs that just weren't given the opportunity to learn naturally that will benefit from artificial socialization....but they will seldom be what they could have been. Third, there are the un-confident young dogs that no amount of socialization will help much. They were spooky when born and they will be spooky to a large extent when they die. You just can't fix the genetics. What it boils down to is that you can't look at a dog, I can't look at a dog, no one can look at a dog and say they can pick out a dog that is or isn't socialized. Socialization just isn't the magic band aid it is believed to be by many.
Ignorance can be fixed but stupid is forever.
Law of Logical Argument - Anything is possible IF you don't know what you are talking about.

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Jim Beam in one hand, Airedale in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
hicntry
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Previous

Return to Breeding