For breeders only

Genetics, breeding, birth defects, diseases, etc. (No litter listings)

Moderator: Moderator Pack

For breeders only

Postby hicntry » Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:17 pm

Here is a pedigree on a breeding I just did. It is one of those have to do things since there has never been an actual study where dogs are actually used. This cross will produce 12 generation pups.

Ignorance can be fixed but stupid is forever.
Law of Logical Argument - Anything is possible IF you don't know what you are talking about.

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Jim Beam in one hand, Airedale in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
hicntry
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Re: For breeders only

Postby blathens » Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:29 pm

Don, kind of looks like an Amish family tree.

Bill
blathens
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby hicntry » Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:25 pm

blathens wrote:Don, kind of looks like an Amish family tree.

Bill

Never knew an Amish Bill. They like to keep it in the family?
Law of Logical Argument - Anything is possible IF you don't know what you are talking about.

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Jim Beam in one hand, Airedale in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
hicntry
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby cody » Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:07 am

I am no breeder, but that is pretty impressive. You should write book.....I would buy it.
cody
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby Coopdvlle » Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:47 pm

Holy smokes! I would like to see a COI on this. Please do keep us up to date on the results. Good luck, this should put some SUPER prepotent dogs on the ground but I am sure most of yours already are.
Coopdvlle
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby vomsparta » Sat Jul 24, 2010 7:57 pm

What our you tring to do with this breeding?
vomsparta

Postby hicntry » Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:25 pm

Curiosity is a large part of why. Lots of wives tales spread by people that have never bred related dogs closer than 4 generations. Also, if it is a viable cross, I may keep all the offspring as seed stock.

hicntry
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby Brown Dog » Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:07 pm

It’s a tight line breeding, but I don’t see anything wrong with it as long as the lines have already had most of the detrimental recessive genes bred out. Based on some of your other posts, I’m sure that has already been done. It should produce some very good pups. Please keep us posted on how they turn out.
Brown Dog
Master Poster
Master Poster

Postby hicntry » Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:20 pm

Should be alright if she takes. She is the one I am watching anyways seeing as how her parents are full bro/sis.

hicntry
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby hicntry » Sat Sep 04, 2010 3:47 pm

Well, that cross didn't take. That being her second chance, and a few signs from some of the other crosses tells me it is time to add some new blood.... which is past due anyway. I have been tracking litters for a couple of years but have found nothing I was comfortable with. This litter I am comfortable with totally. I have a male reserved so we can freshen things up a bit. The sire passed in 03.
http://www.working-dog.eu/dogs-details/ ... von-Thekla

hicntry
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby Densa44 » Fri Jan 23, 2015 3:33 pm

Keep us informed of what happens. I wouldn't try it but that's just me. I want hybrid vigour.
Pine Ridges Ginnieve NA 112 UT pz 1 200
Camridge's Sienna NA 112 UT pz 1 204
Foothill Joce NA 112
Czarina Vom Oberland VJP 70 NA pz 112
Densa44
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Postby GPBLITZ » Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:48 pm

Densa44 wrote:Keep us informed of what happens. I wouldn't try it but that's just me. I want hybrid vigour.

I'd try this breeding all day long. HC Hunter 3,3 bottom, 4 top. HC Maddison 3,3 bottom, 4 top. As far as blood percentage it looks like HC Winchester might be the biggest player. Wish my breedmate was working I'd calculate the COI and percentage of blood. COI might not go as high as some might think.
GPBLITZ
Champion Poster
Champion Poster

Return to Breeding